Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

royshilkrot

Actually, their were two options for Mac. One was something I don't know how to install and the other I was ready to download with the number 1 at the end of it implying it's a copy of what I had already downloaded. Is the link I am following taking me to all the latest versions of Background Removal.....? Thanks!
This is where you download: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/releases/tag/v0.3.0-beta
There are instructions on how to install it. It's a short command

jdudetv

Hey is there any plans for this plugin to be supported in the normal effect filters tab instead of the video / audio filters tab. would love to apply it to alternative sources.

Excuse me, I install the plug in on my PC, no problem ..
but on my Mac, OBS is crashing when i use it ...
Maybe i make a bad installation ... someone can explain me how make a good installation on Mac ?
thanks !

dquille

Submitted a pull request today to add a new feature to "Process the Mask every X frames of video". This can greatly decrease the CPU usage of the plugin making it usable on lower-spec'd systems, and people may even prefer the visual effect of processing the mask less frequently as it can make the contours of the mask less "jittery". Defaults to mask every 1 frame which works exactly like it did previously. Working well on my windows system, with say 30fps video and processing the mask every 5 frames as an example, it halves the cpu time and still looks nice. Have a look at it when you get a chance royshilkrot.

royshilkrot

Submitted a pull request today to add a new feature to "Process the Mask every X frames of video". This can greatly decrease the CPU usage of the plugin making it usable on lower-spec'd systems, and people may even prefer the visual effect of processing the mask less frequently as it can make the contours of the mask less "jittery". Defaults to mask every 1 frame which works exactly like it did previously. Working well on my windows system, with say 30fps video and processing the mask every 5 frames as an example, it halves the cpu time and still looks nice. Have a look at it when you get a chance royshilkrot.
Merged. Thanks for the contribution!

royshilkrot

Hey is there any plans for this plugin to be supported in the normal effect filters tab instead of the video / audio filters tab. would love to apply it to alternative sources.
Unfortunately it only works works as "Audio/Video Filter", since the "Effect" is just for graphics rendering effects (shaders)

NeoJ

Hi!

Any chance you could 'trick' the filter into working with a browser source? I bring in my camera using obs.ninja, rather than as a video source. I suppose I could probably work around by using a convoluted virtual camera trick of some kind, but I'm hoping to avoid unnecessary complexity if possible.

At the moment, attempting to add the filter to a browser source obviously just doesn't do anything at all. Perhaps there's some other workaround I'm missing? From what I've seen of your plugin, though, AWESOME WORK!

jandb1980

I played around with the values a bit, and then OBS crashed. And now when I select the plugin, the settings dialog keeps crashing right after I select it.

I use it on a mac (Monterey)

Last edited:

idrinkh2o

I just found out about this last night and I installed it on my pc and my Mac. Works fine on PC but crashes on Mac. I hope that we can get some support for Mac soon because that’s my preferred OS.

slashie101

Hello! Thank you so much for making and releasing this plugin!
It would be super cool if this filter was available on a source mirror (using StreamFX) of a camera. Sadly the plugin requires a video capture device. If this is supported on a future release it would be great <3

Surge42

This is a great idea.

I'm super interested in this; I'm currently working with this as a "green" screen; I can alpha out the green and my wooden floor fine separately, but my floor is too close to skin tone. If I could 'green' screen out the green parts and 'yellow screen' out the bottom (and wear pants), it'd be fine.

Any suggestions?

Also I hope to be doing this at venues & parties post-quarantine, so a more intelligent or nuanced 'background removal' process would help when space/lighting isn't ideal.

I use these. problem solved. you could theoretically use another green screen, but these are a bit more durable for walking/standing on. shop around, you can find some for pretty cheep on ebay and whatnot. they work perfectly. they come in different thicknesses and textures for different prices. good luck.
green interlocking floor tile.png

jamessnell

This is great, but I don't see how to set the background color to transparent, which is a critical feature to me. Any help please?

Update: Ahh, now I see, it was in that demo GIF. You have to add a chrome key in the filter and set it to the background color. Easy!

Last edited:

dickynh

Help me plz ...., I'm using obs-studio version 27.1.3 and using linux mint version 20, I can't install this plugin, can someone help me with step by step installation instructions

unfunf22

hi royshilkrot
i would like to have a slider with which i can adjust the mask every x myself, would that be possible to implement? default is 300 as far as i read, maybe configurable from 300-1000. i have an amd rx570 gpu and an amd r7 2700x cpu. what i also noticed is as soon as i use the option "use gpu" my fps drops to 15 fps but my cpu utilization stays at 20%. i don't want to force you to do it but would be nice to be able to adjust it myself. I like to test new versions of the plugin when you make a new one, I use windows 10.
if i dont use gpu i get 30~ FPS

thanks in advance Ben