Bug Report Avermedia Live Gamer Portable - 32bit OBS MP - "Could not find locale.ini path" crash

StormofThunder

This is a ridiculous, persistent issue.

Basically, I'm having the same issues as this guy: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/could-not-find-locale-ini-path.29209 except my card is Avermedia, not Elgato.

I can't use OBS MP 64bit because the audio stutters with this capture card - a well known issue. Avermedia hasn't released dedicated 64bit drivers for the Stream Engine so 64bit OB MP doesn't detect it, so I must use 32bit OBS MP. And yet, somehow, this 32bit version simply does not work.

If I add any video source, then try to add another it freezes and crashes. If I try to access the settings, it freezes, says "Could not find locale.ini path" even though it's an existing file (and as the other guy pointed it out, the program cannot even write anything), then crashes. Why does this happen? The file exists, I used the installer as normal, I uninstalled all and any versions of OBS, cleaned any files left behind, installed Multiplatform only, opened only 32bit OBS, and it still happens. The file exists in it's directory, yet it isn't detected, read, or modified.

I cannot use neither 32bit nor 64bit with this card in the Multiplatform version of OBS, which is a shame because at least it does give actual better performance (decent fps) than legacy OBS. It's also an issue repeated and mentioned for months and months, and hasn't been addressed.

Attachments

• log file.txt
    43 KB · Views: 11
  • log file.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 8