Question / Help Avermedia Live Gamer HD "HDCP" Problem

Matt Gusciora

Hello I just bought a Avermedia Live Gamer HD card for my pc. I want to use this to capture the screen on my new macbook. After i installed the driver and recentral I looked at the preview in recentral with my macbook connected and everything looked fine but when i went into obs and setup the video capture device with the card, all i get in the preview screen with my macbook connected it a black screen with big white letters in the middle that say "HDCP". Have no clue what this means. Help????

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,863

Boildown

Its the content protection. If you try to watch protected content, you can't send it out to a monitor or capture device that doesn't support HDCP. No capture devices will support HDCP because that's exactly what HDCP is supposed to prevent.

That said, you should look up some HDMI splitters on Amazon... some have some interesting side effects.

AstorianWarriro

Actually, you can bypass HDCP by disabling it in the Playstation settings. After that you get a black screen, and all you have to do is turn the Playstation off and back on. After that, the capture card should display on OBS.

To disable HDCP: go to the Playstation main menu > go to settings > disable HDCP