Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

Warmuptill

Hi....

Just thought of a possible enhancement to the Idle Detection feature. I suspect it won't be easy or even possible to implement, and if that's the case, no problem.....but just thought I would ask anyway.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was looking for a feature (which became Idle Detection) to switch from a Lecturer/Presenter PiP to Lecturer/Presenter fullscreen if that person was talking longer than XX seconds without changing slides. The Idle Detection feature should do exactly what I was looking for, but there is one possible exception.

There are some occasions where the lecturer/presenter has switched to a slide with an embedded video, or they may switch to another application (Eg: Firefox/Youtube, VLC, Windows Media Player etc). to play a video as part of their presentation. On those occasions it would be great if we could configure the scene switcher to ignore idle detection while the video is playing....i.e. on those occasions we would like the scene to stay PiP for the duration of the video regardless of the idle detection timeout.

Like I said above, perhaps this is just not programmatically possible. Given how many ways a video can be played in Windows, I doubt there is a universal API call that could be used to detect a video playing regardless of the playing method.

I'm not a programmer myself, but I did a bit of googling on the subject and found these if they might help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...grammatically-determine-if-a-video-is-playing
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11177373/how-to-detect-if-any-video-is-being-played-now

Admittedly these also seem to say there is no 100% way to detect a video playing. They do mention whitelisting of applications, and also using an API to access the screensaver settings. Just thinking out loud.....would it be possible to use whatever timer Windows uses to go into screensaver?

Anyway, if it's not possible, not a big deal and we can always work around it by setting the idle detection timeout >= length of longest video in the presentation.

Like I said, I just thought I would throw it out there and ask anyway.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris.

I will have a look into it. (Tested the screensaver way, doesn't seem to work)

This crashes OBS if you try to switch scene collections with the plugin active.

Which features of the advanced scene switcher are you using?(I can't seem to recreate the crash, so any additional information would be much appreciated!) Does the application crash or just freeze? Thanks for reporting the issue!

Last edited:

BADOXAskul

This problem occurs because I am using a "," to separate values you can enter in the plugin options and these programs use the "," in their window name. This causes the plugin to only read the part before the first "," as the window name it is looking for to switch scenes. (For your example it only reads "Rocket League (32-bit" as the window name and assumes the rest are different parameters)

You can however just replace
"Rocket League (32-bit, DX9),RocketLeague-Scene" with "Rocket League \(32-bit. DX9\)".
Same for the "DeadByDaylight (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5),DeadByDaylight-Scene"
It becomes "DeadByDaylight \(64-bit. PCD3D_SM5\),DeadByDaylight-Scene".

Sorry about that! These problems will not be present once the built in scene switcher for OBS Studio is released, since a workaround to implement a UI is not needed anymore.

(the plugin is using a regular expression to match the window name, where the "." character can be any possible character including the ",").

hello there again, sorry for so long to reply, it still does not work, i did for both games and none work, i even copy paste what you have typed, still no result :/

Warmuptill

hello there again, sorry for so long to reply, it still does not work, i did for both games and none work, i even copy paste what you have typed, still no result :/

This should not be necessary anymore. This problem was caused when you had to enter the settings in the properties of the scene switcher options source and needed to separate the values with a ",". Now you can just enter the name of window in the UI.

Btw you don't need to download this plugin anymore for these simple cases, because OBS now has a built in scene switcher, that you can access via the Tools menu.

OBSnewby

Hi, thanks for your plugin.
I came up using your plugin from an OSx system without issues, and now im trying to replicate my workflow with OBS in Windows 7 and OBS 0.16.6

In previous versions of the plugin, I used to write the *code* for the Round trip on my notepad once, (just a simple 4-5 ways the cameras switches) and then copy and paste it multiple times so my cameras keep switching in the desired orden dozens of times...

Is there a way to do this without having to manually set up them one by one on this newer version? A kind of *loop* function on Round Trip Mode?
Really thanks!

Last edited:

Warmuptill

I came up using your plugin from an OSx system without issues, and now im trying to replicate my workflow with OBS in Windows 7 and OBS 0.16.6

In previous versions of the plugin, I used to write the *code* for the Round trip on my notepad once, (just a simple 4-5 ways the cameras switches) and then copy and paste it multiple times so my cameras keep switching in the desired orden dozens of times...

Is there a way to do this without having to manually set up them one by one on this newer version? A kind of *loop* function on Round Trip Mode?
Really thanks!

You could just use one additional switch case to return to the beginning of the scene round trip, so for example:

cam1 -> wait for 3 seconds -> cam2
cam2 -> wait for 3 seconds -> cam3
cam3 -> wait for 3 seconds -> ...
... -> wait for 3 seconds -> cam1

This will create a loop.

OBSnewby

Really thanks!
Never mind, I found the way to do that. Just put the first scene as your last one, and the swtiching will restart... duh
really thanks! :)

OBSnewby

You could just use one additional switch case to return to the beginning of the scene round trip, so for example:

This will create a loop.
Thats right! really thanks! your plugin rocks!

OBSnewby

This will create a loop.

Hi,
In early versions of the plugin, I could set up different round trips for my cameras.
For example, I wrote the code for lets say, round trip A with cameras 1-2-3-4 with 5 secs interval between them
and a different round trip, lets say B, with cameras 4-3 with 10 secs interval between them.
and copy that code on my notepad or text editor for later use.

One day I copy and paste code for round trip A for my recordings, other day I would use round trip B.

Is there a way to do this with the new version of the plugin? Could I recommend an SAVE/LOAD round trips option for next upgrades?
It would be helpful for this kind of needs
thanks!

Ps. could you provide a tutorial on how to use write to file/read from file options? thanks again!

Ps2 I managed to to a workaround and get a B roundtrip just duplicating my camera scenes, changing their names, and assigning them a different shortcut.. then adding the roundtrip from automatic scene switcher tool....but I ended with too many scenes on my OBS...its a mess :) I would be nice to find a less intricated or messy way of doing this. :)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Improved Idle Detection and Scene Round Trip

Added the option to temporary disable the Idle Detection depending on the window name of the window that is currently in focus (does support regular expressions)

Added the option to save Scene Round Trip configuration to a file and load Scene Round Trip configuration form a file. This was suggested by OBSnewby.

I still have not found the reason for the crash reported by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Warmuptill

Awsome news! Really thanks Warmuptill!
You can just overwrite the old version with the new one and you are good to go. Your settings will be not be deleted by doing that.
If you experience any issues with the new version let me know and I will try to fix it!

Ah nevermind, seems like you got it to work. :D

Dm7755

Very useful plugin! Only problem I'm having is that when I try to set transitions between scenes, it doesn't seem to work? I mean my OBS seem to just use whatever was on default not the one I have assigned in automatic scene switching's transition tab. It works in every other tabs though. What am I doing wrong? XD Thanks in advance!

Warmuptill

Very useful plugin! Only problem I'm having is that when I try to set transitions between scenes, it doesn't seem to work? I mean my OBS seem to just use whatever was on default not the one I have assigned in automatic scene switching's transition tab. It works in every other tabs though. What am I doing wrong? XD Thanks in advance!

The transitions you set in the scene switcher only work when the scene switcher is switching scenes, not when you are doing it by hand.

If that is not the problem you are experiencing, can you make an example so that I can recreate the problem on my end and try to fix it?

Dm7755

Thanks Warmuptill,

I'm still confused on the purpose of transitions in this one. I don't see how I can use it other than doing it by hand because in other tabs you assign the transitions to them anyway. Can you please clarify it up? Thanks.

ahPBYvX.png

Warmuptill

Thanks Warmuptill,

I'm still confused on the purpose of transitions in this one. I don't see how I can use it other than doing it by hand because in other tabs you assign the transitions to them anyway. Can you please clarify it up? Thanks.

ahPBYvX.png
It can be useful for the Screen Region switches for example. You could set up to use a swipe from left to right when switching form your left monitor to your right one, but use right to left swipe for switching from right monitor to the left one. Or you could use it to specify transitions if you read the scene from file. Or if you simply want a different transition depending on if you just were on your pause scene or just a normal scene. So there are a few cases it can be useful.

I should probably add a description of some sort on that tab however, since it is not really clear that it can only be used by the scene switcher itself and not the user.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Hello there.

Will there ever come out a Linux version of this application ?

I'm just curious :)
I havn't looked into it yet.
(I just assumed something is causing problems since even the built in scene switcher is not supported on Linux, if I am not mistaken.)

Djuulsh

I havn't looked into it yet.
(I just assumed something is causing problems since even the built in scene switcher is not supported on Linux, if I am not mistaken.)

You can maybe have a point there. But so many developers are making extra features, there shouldn't even be possible. So maybe it could be a thing there can happen :D