Bug Report Audio Echoing

Hey all,
New OBS user and loving it so far. However whenever I try to stream something (League of Legends mainly), my audio echoes horribly. I have both experienced this for myself (watching stream but with headphones in) and heard it from a friend who was watching my stream for me while I was playing without having my own stream up. He said he could only understand about half of what I said.

I haven't found anything besides "close your stream while playing" so if anyone has any workarounds or solutions please let me know.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Ah, I thought you meant that you didn't want to use the "close your stream" option and were looking for other solutions. Are you saying that you tried that, and are still getting echo?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you have a webcam on your scene, make sure you're only using one audio source. Either use the mic in the OBS audio settings or your webcam's audio in the webcam source settings. The latter usually provides better audio sync with the webcam video.

trexid

I had this same issue last night. I found the problem was resolved when I set my audio capture settings properly. On my setup I use a Aver Live Gamer HD and so I get sound through the HDMI from an HDMI Switch > Analogue audio cable. This source is always active, haven't figured out how to disable it. And then I had my audio on the OBS set to use (Line In) so it was receiving audio from two sources simultaneously.

Check to may sure you're getting audio from only one source. Are you using virtual audio cable or something like that to mix audio streams? Scrap your current audio setup and start from the ground up eliminating things along the way. Hope this helps.

baajr

I new to OSB (as in today is the first time I have used it), but I had a terrible echo problem on my live stream.
I tried changing ALOT of the setting, but what finally worked for me was; to set the audio to mono in SETTINGS >ENCODING>Audio Encoding. I don't know why this would matter, but it worked for me.

Fatherlywarhead

I am having an echo during my stream, I don't have my dashboard up, I don't use a head set to talk with. I have speakers and a blue snowball mic. I thought my mic was picking up my speakers so i turned them off an still an echo. I looked at the settings and i have them just like twitch says to have them. I dont know what to do to get this issue resolved please someone help me...