Audio delay filter?

unfa

Hi!

I'm using OBS for recording and I consistently have to delay my audio 3 or 4 frames in relation to the video to get a proper sync.

I saw there is a video delay filter (and I tested that it works) but no audio delay.

I can introduce the delay with external tools, becasue I use JACK audio and Carla effects host to feed OBS the audio.

Do you think such an effect would be helpful for fixing live streaming sync issues?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Audio delay is not done via a filter. It's a setting in the Mixer. Click the cog next to the Mixer label and set the Sync delay there.

unfa

I've finally tested this feature, and it's great. Actaully having the sync ofset for all audio tracks in the mixer is very convenient. Filters wouldn't be as easy to use. Finally I've got perfect A/V sync :)

banjogit

In my OBS scene I have imported an audio wav-file as media source. When switching to the scene I want my audio track to start, and this wörks properly well. But how is the audio delay done for this media source? Sync offset in the extended mixer properties doesn't seem to have any effect on the audio track in the reorded mp4 video. Even extreme values (like several seconds) don't show up in my recording.

banjogit

I found a solution by myself. I had to implement another audio input capture with "loopback" as device. My media source / audio file now goes to the new audio input capture device and that's where sync offset works in the advanced audio properties. Hell knows why this doesn't work directly on media sources.

nunowonder

Hello! I´m struggling with a need of finally have all my streaming sources in sync. My main problem is because sometimes I´m a cartoon (I use Character Animator) and because of this, my audio have to have a delay, and even because Character Animator comes from other computer via NDI, I need around 300ms to delay audio so the mouth is in sync with my audio. Of course there is a problem if you use Audio Ducking (I mean compressor filter on some sources that will level down the music or the sound that you want when the audio source of my voice kicks in), or more difficult, I have some MOVE filters that will move some things (it can be color correction with the Peak of the sound, it can be moving in and out with the sound, whatever), and because of that, even If I sync my mic track to 300ms, those filters will not work well. And because OBS don´t have the option of putting filters AFTER the output of the track (and not the input signal - that´s why this puts everything working bad) I figured 2 solutions: or you have a second track that captures via other sound device (using audio monitor to route it to that device), but it always makes me become too worried because then you have more chances of failure with this method (for example you have one volume on windows defined one day to 100%, but other day for some reason you moved that value and it will mess everything in OBS), or the second solution that is: my audio input comes from other computer that runs Ableton. That means I can have the sound from Ableton DELAYED before hits the input on the OBS machine. BUT I have to listen to my voice without latency (I mean, something around 3 or 5ms latency), so what I´ll do is having a return track that is going to output 3 and 4 of that computer´s audio device (Focusrite 4i4), but I don´t listen to 3 and 4 (I listen to 1 and 2 that will be the voice track itself), so for me I listen to 1 and 2, I don´t listen to 3 and 4 (where I will put 300ms of "align delay" devices - actually have to be 3x100ms devices), but it's open in output that will enter in my OBS input. So OBS catches the audio with this delay.
What do you think? Now that we are in OBS 30, is there a possibility of making this in OBS without all this crazy setup?