Question / Help Audio buffer is maxing out on my capture card, causing terrible audio

Prizma

I've fixed my issue. The buffer overload was being caused by a media source mp4 file. Apparently if your video isn't formatted the way that the media source type likes (codec/compression), it can cause this problem. Rather than fix the mp4 file, I've swapped to a VLC media source and the problem is gone.

To OBS Staff - please remember this solution, your Discord and Forum was no help whatsoever.

RestlessShark

I've fixed my issue. The buffer overload was being caused by a media source mp4 file. Apparently if your video isn't formatted the way that the media source type likes (codec/compression), it can cause this problem. Rather than fix the mp4 file, I've swapped to a VLC media source and the problem is gone.

To OBS Staff - please remember this solution, your Discord and Forum was no help whatsoever.

Could you elaborate on how you managed to fix this. I am having this issue and it is driving me banas right now.

Prizma

I recommend hiding almost every source in your scene and hitting record for a minute, then checking the log file. Slowly re-enable things until you can determine what is causing the buffer errors. If it's a media source causing the problem, it is likely to do with the format of the media. Just changing to a VLC video source (which is a plugin I believe) fixed the problem for me.