Question / Help [AMD] can't use the recording option..

ReGress

Processor: Intel Core i5 6600k 3.5Ghz 6MB
Motherboards: Asus H170M-PLUS LGA1151, Intel H170, DDR4 2xPCI-E
Memories: HyperX FURY 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
Graphics Card: Radon RX 470 NITRO+ OC 8GB
SD drives: Kingston SSDNow 120GB

Ok so to start with this is my hardware.

I've tried every single Encoder: H264 (AMD ADvanced Media Framework) / H265 (AMD ADvanced Media Framework)/QuickSync H.264/x264
Every single one have other problem but most of them are the same problem after that I finish recording in game (On desktop the recording is fine) or recording a screen of a youtube video (While the video is playing) after that I watch the video that I've recorded it has drop frames and even the image it self stop and the audio keep on rolling and the video itself keep on rolling but the image doesn't move, if I record with QuickSync H.264 it even crashing Adobe Premiere so I can't edit the files that I'm getting out of this Encoder..

Thanks in advanced.

Harold

You're overloading the video card when you use the AMD encoder.

Try the following:
Settings - output
Recording Quality: Indistinguishable
Recording format: FLV
Recording encoder: Software (x264, Low Cpu Use, Increased File Size)

ReGress

You're overloading the video card when you use the AMD encoder.

Try the following:
Settings - output
Recording Quality: Indistinguishable
Recording format: FLV
Recording encoder: Software (x264, Low Cpu Use, Increased File Size)

Doesn't work still same thing

Harold

Whatever else you're using on the computer, you're overloading your system's main processor by half.

And a small part of that performance issue is coming from having display and game capture sources in the same scene.

ReGress

Whatever else you're using on the computer, you're overloading your system's main processor by half.

And a small part of that performance issue is coming from having display and game capture sources in the same scene.
A week ago I reformated my computer and since day after the reformat its like that I don't have others software on my computer
Steam(5 or 6 games installed)
Adobe Premiere/Ps installed
Discord
Team Speak
Uplay

There is any way to check what is the software that causing the problem?
I have no Idea how but I changed back to advanced and was like "ok lets try one last time to record with mp4 or what ever" and its records normaly now on mp4 and x264...

https://pastebin.com/vPfvyaCj this is a new log

Last edited:

Narcogen

1. 13:54:33.225: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 17815/35016 (50.9%)

Your CPU is overloaded.

You should probably use CRF instead of CBR, but on your machine you'll need to set a higher number; 14 is too low. Try 21 and see how it goes.

You may end up having to choose between 720p60 or 1080p30. 1080p60 at CRF 14 or CBR 10000 and your machine is way overloaded.

ReGress

1. 13:54:33.225: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 17815/35016 (50.9%)

Your CPU is overloaded.

You should probably use CRF instead of CBR, but on your machine you'll need to set a higher number; 14 is too low. Try 21 and see how it goes.

You may end up having to choose between 720p60 or 1080p30. 1080p60 at CRF 14 or CBR 10000 and your machine is way overloaded.

A friend of mine will help me to figure out what is taking so much CPU of my computer, Thank you for the help mate :)
I'll post here if we fixed the CPU leeking