Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

2.1.6 - Now with full-range colors! (Hotfix 3)

Gone are the days of boring bland partial range recordings, here are the days of full range videos! With 2.1 the plugin implements several much wanted features, upgrading a few features from experimental to normal use and fixing a bunch of potential bugs.

Hotfix 1: 'Encoding overloaded!' should no longer show up for systems which were perfectly capable recording at the same fps in versions before 2.x. Also fixed debug log lines showing up without the Debug option being checked.
Hotfix 2:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RobnRene

Xaymar, can you re-implement the host recording method? The DX9 mode gives me occasional stutters in the video recording on my RX480 with Win7. This never happened in host mode in the older versions.

If not, can you post a link to 1.9.9.6 for me so I can switch back to the older one?

Xaymar

Xaymar, can you re-implement the host recording method? The DX9 mode gives me occasional stutters in the video recording on my RX480 with Win7. This never happened in host mode in the older versions.

If not, can you post a link to 1.9.9.6 for me so I can switch back to the older one?

Host method is still implemented.

Edit: To clarify, the Host method is how the plugin has to work. OBS puts the frame into system memory (Host) but we need them on the GPU (DirectX 9, DirectX 11). Previously Host would just pick whichever is newer and available, so the issue is not a missing Host mode but your settings.

Last edited:

Xaymar

I using latest version of OBS how do I tell what Version of AMF is installed? Thanks

If you just installed OBS 19.0.2, you are using 2.1.5. 2.1.6 fixes a bug with settings being unchangeable after recording or streaming once, so there is usually no need to update until that is actually affecting you.

shankly1985

If you just installed OBS 19.0.2, you are using 2.1.5. 2.1.6 fixes a bug with settings being unchangeable after recording or streaming once, so there is usually no need to update until that is actually affecting you.

Thanks
I am trying to fig out how to stream PUBG I just keep getting encoder overload I just dont think OBS likes this game.

Xaymar

Thanks
I am trying to fig out how to stream PUBG I just keep getting encoder overload I just dont think OBS likes this game.

PUBG is very GPU and CPU heavy. You'll need at least 6 physical cores (not logical/threads) in order to have one core still be available for pushing things to the GPU encoder. And even then its a matter of just how much the game abuses the driver queue, UE4 is unfortunately as good at actual performance as UE3 was.

shankly1985

PUBG is very GPU and CPU heavy. You'll need at least 6 physical cores (not logical/threads) in order to have one core still be available for pushing things to the GPU encoder. And even then its a matter of just how much the game abuses the driver queue, UE4 is unfortunately as good at actual performance as UE3 was.

Yeah I noticed even the preview lags I dont seem to have an issue with any other game.

Rafael Russo

Hi guys, i have a laptop Dell I14-5447-A40 with a Radeon R7 M265 graphics card

Im trying to install this codec but hes not appearing in OBS

I have Windows 10

Any sugestions to help me?

Xaymar

Hi guys, i have a laptop Dell I14-5447-A40 with a Radeon R7 M265 graphics card

Im trying to install this codec but hes not appearing in OBS

I have Windows 10

Any sugestions to help me?

R7 M265 is not on the Hardware Support list, what APU do you have in the laptop?

Xaymar

Im quite noobie...how can i check that

My laptop is a
Interl Core i7-4510u CPU @ 2.00 ghz 2.60 ghz

Oh you don't actually have an AMD APU. In that case you can't use AMD encoding as you don't have an APU supporting it or a GPU that supports it. According to Intel ARK, you CPU supports Quick Sync, so you could use that.

Rogve

Made a forum post but cant seem to get help. I did everything and even installed the AMD encoder and i'm getting this bad flickering. ever since my computer updated this graphics card driver that wasn't being used, i cant stream. :/ It something to do with OBS and the AMD Radeon R9 M275x :/

Status
Not open for further replies.