Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted118

hi is there a tutorial how to add the amd option in the encoder dropdown menu as i have moved the files into the folders but it isnt showing on obs any ideas or guide you can show me cheers

soon

last time you told that it won't support on Mac.
So I installed windows with bootcamp , but still can't see AMD encoder.

does this plugin work on bootcamp windows?

Thanks.

sharx

Hey @Xaymar tnx for the update and keep up the good work! I've got a r9 290x do I benefit from this latest update? because my card doest support h265?

Xaymar

Hey @Xaymar tnx for the update and keep up the good work! I've got a r9 290x do I benefit from this latest update? because my card doest support h265?

Updates are always good to install and yes you benefit from this update. Not exactly in terms of features (that's next release) but in terms of CPU usage and latency, which have been massively reduced. It is now possible to tune AMD HW Encoding to the point where it has no framerate impact and only minimal (<0.1%) CPU usage impact.

Soro

I have a Red Devil RX470 from Powercolor and I got the 2.0 version of this plugin, When I tried it it was artifacting my whole screen, I had the latest GPU driver update but still a no go, I had to go back to version 1.4.3.11 and it worked better for me.

Soro

I have a Red Devil RX470 from Powercolor and I got the 2.0 version of this plugin, When I tried it it was artifacting my whole screen, I had the latest GPU driver update but still a no go, I had to go back to version 1.4.3.11 and it worked better for me.
Oh by the way, it was artifacting the recorded file, not my screen while I was playing.

Xaymar

Oh by the way, it was artifacting the recorded file, not my screen while I was playing.

Please make sure that you are using the latest driver. It is part of the Troubleshooting Guide requirements.

Hi, the encoder is still not showing up

I tried with the installer as well as manually extracting the files, updated visual studio (which doesnt install as it says is already installed) and i believe my hardware is included for this to work, can you please help me? it's 4am and i've looked for hours .... i got nothing :(

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6ea1852ebd72c40af4001c3f09fd807d

Thank you!

First off you should really fix your setup. You have the CLR Host Plugin (which is for OBS Classic not OBS Studio!) installed and you're also using the OpenGL renderer which means I don't know what GPU you attempted to run it on.

Code:
04:55:21.700: [AMF] Version 2.0.0.0 loaded (Compiled: 1.4.0.0, Runtime: 1.4.2.0, Library: 1;4;2;0;17.10.1711;201704101313;CL#1396327).
04:55:21.751: [AMF] <Id: 2> Unable to create H265/HEVC encoder, error AMF_ENCODER_NOT_PRESENT (code 36)
04:55:21.803: [AMF] <Id: 4> Unable to create H265/HEVC encoder, error AMF_ENCODER_NOT_PRESENT (code 36)
04:55:21.803: [AMF] [H265/HEVC] Not supported by any GPU, disabling...

But the log pretty much says enough, you do not have a GPU with hardware H265/HEVC encoding support.

sharx

maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering this myself for a while now. Don't get me wrong I love @Xaymar 's work. But i don't see anyone doing this for nvidia. Does nvidia do this themself and is AMD just slacking? I'm getting the idea that AMD is doing nothing/not much and nvidia is much more active on hardware encoding (their quality is better compared to amd in this matter)

Xaymar

maybe a stupid question but I'm wondering this myself for a while now. Don't get me wrong I love @Xaymar 's work. But i don't see anyone doing this for nvidia. Does nvidia do this themself and is AMD just slacking? I'm getting the idea that AMD is doing nothing/not much and nvidia is much more active on hardware encoding (their quality is better compared to amd in this matter)

This is merely an interface to AMF, which is by AMD. NVENC is added through ffmpeg so there's other people doing that, see the git history for it: nvenc.c nvenc.h nvenc_h264.c nvenc_hevc.c

Arreador

First off you should really fix your setup. You have the CLR Host Plugin (which is for OBS Classic not OBS Studio!) installed and you're also using the OpenGL renderer which means I don't know what GPU you attempted to run it on.

Code:
04:55:21.700: [AMF] Version 2.0.0.0 loaded (Compiled: 1.4.0.0, Runtime: 1.4.2.0, Library: 1;4;2;0;17.10.1711;201704101313;CL#1396327).
04:55:21.751: [AMF] <Id: 2> Unable to create H265/HEVC encoder, error AMF_ENCODER_NOT_PRESENT (code 36)
04:55:21.803: [AMF] <Id: 4> Unable to create H265/HEVC encoder, error AMF_ENCODER_NOT_PRESENT (code 36)
04:55:21.803: [AMF] [H265/HEVC] Not supported by any GPU, disabling...

But the log pretty much says enough, you do not have a GPU with hardware H265/HEVC encoding support.

Thanks for your quick answer, how can I remove the CLR Host plugin? And the GPU i have is Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5. I thought i saw that included in the list. I'm sorry i'm frustrated because I realize how little i know about these things, but i hope you can help me.

Xaymar

Thanks for your quick answer, how can I remove the CLR Host plugin? And the GPU i have is Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5. I thought i saw that included in the list. I'm sorry i'm frustrated because I realize how little i know about these things, but i hope you can help me.

The H264 Encoder should be listed (it's called Hardware (AMD) in simple output mode), only the HEVC is not listed. Only Polaris and newer cards have HEVC support.

Arreador

The H264 Encoder should be listed (it's called Hardware (AMD) in simple output mode), only the HEVC is not listed. Only Polaris and newer cards have HEVC support.

Oh ok got it, thanks! I just removed as well the CLR Host files as well, thanks for the help!

Have a great day

3Necromancer

Xaymar

I have R9 280X, used to be able to record using your plugin 1080p @ 60 FPS without a problem using the presets you recommended.

However with updating the AMD drivers the 3 AMF encoders in OBS were lost, now i only see one :H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework), which has different settings.

Not sure how i need to configure it to get best quality for 1080p@60FPS, whatever settings i try it can't keep up with 60FPS (or on lowest presets it looks like crap).

Xaymar

Xaymar

I have R9 280X, used to be able to record using your plugin 1080p @ 60 FPS without a problem using the presets you recommended.

However with updating the AMD drivers the 3 AMF encoders in OBS were lost, now i only see one :H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework), which has different settings.

Not sure how i need to configure it to get best quality for 1080p@60FPS, whatever settings i try it can't keep up with 60FPS (or on lowest presets it looks like crap).

Use View Mode Basic and select the High Quality or Indistinguishable preset.

Edit: Also holy fuck how old is your installation? The three encoders have been gone for a long time now!

Samehada

Would you reimplement old CQP method? It was biggest reason for using OBS for me. That could managed best quality and better file size. But now, while seems keeping same quality, file size is terrible larger...

Xaymar

Would you reimplement old CQP method? It was biggest reason for using OBS for me. That could managed best quality and better file size. But now, while seems keeping same quality, file size is terrible larger...

The behaviour for CQP has NOT been changed. What you likely did is select the H264 encoder in the Streaming tab and had Enforce Streaming Service Encoder Settings checked (which replaced your CQP setting with CBR at 20mbit) and had the Recording tab set to (Use stream encoder). I can't bring back behaviour that was never there..

Status
Not open for further replies.