Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrwaylander

Hi, can anybody tell is anywhere a guide about explaining all the setting that are in expert mode? I have 270x, gcn 1 graphics card. I want to personalize settings to improve quality because I stream to second pc and need best quality possible, I stream to 2nd pc 720p

Hi, can anybody tell is anywhere a guide about explaining all the setting that are in expert mode? I have 270x, gcn 1 graphics card. I want to personalize settings to improve quality because I stream to second pc and need best quality possible, I stream to 2nd pc 720p
Version 1.9.9.6 has a lot of updated tool-tips that define what the settings are.

Smithee

Hi (new to the forum :) )

Does anyone know if the the Radeon R7350x is supported as I'm failing to get it to recognise. I note the 350 is on the supported list so wondering what the difference with the 'x' is and is this why i am not seeing a hardware encode option?

Any help would be great...

Andy

R A F I D

so recently after updating drivers and obs i am noticing that obs is dropping frames now, like it cannot even keep constant 59.64 fps anymore i really don't know what caused obs to start act like this but few weeks ago it was just fine i tried recording the same game and also tried other games and obs goes down to 15 fps now i have no clue what caused the issue. Is it only me that's facing this issue ?

Edit : also my mic volume goes all the way up suddenly after recording for at least 10 minutes never had this problem before :/

Last edited:

Xaymar

Hi (new to the forum :) )

Does anyone know if the the Radeon R7350x is supported as I'm failing to get it to recognise. I note the 350 is on the supported list so wondering what the difference with the 'x' is and is this why i am not seeing a hardware encode option?

Any help would be great...

Andy

The R7 350X is not supported, or at least not using normal methods.

revonox

Is a change of B-Frames not supported on the R9 270?
I'm having an issue where the image quality just completely dips with every keyframe, and the solution to this is supposed to be changing the B-Frames to 0. However, I can't find that option in my settings. Master mode and all.

E: After manually installing the 1.9.9.6 version of the plugin the setting is still gone, but so is the issue. Weird.

Last edited:

Xaymar

Is a change of B-Frames not supported on the R9 270?
I'm having an issue where the image quality just completely dips with every keyframe, and the solution to this is supposed to be changing the B-Frames to 0. However, I can't find that option in my settings. Master mode and all.

E: After manually installing the 1.9.9.6 version of the plugin the setting is still gone, but so is the issue. Weird.

First Generation VCE cards do not have B-Frame support and the issue with B-Frames also only affects VCE2.0 APU and GPUs that ran a driver before 16.12. On VCE1.0 the only options you have are setting Minimum QP to 18 and VBV Buffer Size to exactly the bitrate you stream at (or set VBV Buffer Strictness to 50% to get the same effect).

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

2.0.0.0 - The 'Ashes of the Phoenix' Update

The plugin rises from the no-update-phase back to bring you an even better experience with High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) encoding, Variance Based Adaptive Quantitization (VBAQ), Pre-Pass support and Asynchronous Queue mode.

High Efficiency Video Coding (H265/HEVC) is available on the Polaris architecture and offers massively better quality for the same bitrate, essentially resulting in lower bitrates looking much better. This means that at 1000 kbit H265/HEVC you can get close or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Salatoimikud

OBS 18.0.1 and 2.0.0.0 plugin with RX480

H265 i can record 1080p@60FPS and no problem but H264 1080p@60FPS is engine overloaded and drops so much frames. Even 48 FPS drops frames.

Anyone else have problem?
H265 constant QP also wont work. Even i dont have any movement in video, bitrate stays so high (in h264 it goes down and save some hdd space)

Xaymar

OBS 18.0.1 and 2.0.0.0 plugin with RX480

H265 i can record 1080p@60FPS and no problem but H264 1080p@60FPS is engine overloaded and drops so much frames. Even 48 FPS drops frames.

Anyone else have problem?
H265 constant QP also wont work. Even i dont have any movement in video, bitrate stays so high (in h264 it goes down and save some hdd space)

Constant QP does not go down in bitrate, this is by design. If it happens for H264, that means that there is something wrong with your Driver. Constant QP will always use the exact same bitrate unless it can copy data from before (which IIRC is H264 only at the moment).

Salatoimikud

hmm, intresting.
when i had hd 7870 and recorded H264 Constant QP then when i running/moving fast ingame, bitrate was ~35mbps (lots of details) and when i didnt move, it went to ~5mbps
Now i have RX480 and same (with fresh windows + drivers install).

Like i understand, constant QP holds quality not bitrate. When i wont make any movement, then video wont need high bitrate and it goes down until i move again.

Also, H264 1080p@60fps works with older plugin version but not latest one.

Xaymar

hmm, intresting.
when i had hd 7870 and recorded H264 Constant QP then when i running/moving fast ingame, bitrate was ~35mbps (lots of details) and when i didnt move, it went to ~5mbps
Now i have RX480 and same (with fresh windows + drivers install).

Like i understand, constant QP holds quality not bitrate. When i wont make any movement, then video wont need high bitrate and it goes down until i move again.

Also, H264 1080p@60fps works with older plugin version but not latest one.

Constant QP does not "hold" quality or bitrate. it sets the Quantitization Parameter (compression) to a fixed value. That means that the output is always on the same "bitrate", unless the encoder behind it actively removed macroblocks. The H264 stuff is known but the reason is currently unknown as i can't reproduce it on my RX 480.

Status
Not open for further replies.