Status
Not open for further replies.

kamild_

Ok, I've just noticed something. Your AMD Encoder may be colliding with ReLive.
I've had ReLive enabled in Radeon Settings but I wasn't using it (replays weren't enabled). Later on did some testing with the new version of this plugin. And just now I noticed my GPU load was stuck at 100% and clocks were maxed out. After disabling ReLive, the issue just went poof, all back to normal. I'm wondering if during all that time of me testing your updated plugin, my GPU was locked at 100%... I'll have to retest it then :P

Also, how do I properly run OBS in debug mode? Whenever I'm trying to launch it using the parameters from your wiki, OBS just doesn't start at all.

Xaymar

Ok, I've just noticed something. Your AMD Encoder may be colliding with ReLive.
I've had ReLive enabled in Radeon Settings but I wasn't using it (replays weren't enabled). Later on did some testing with the new version of this plugin. And just now I noticed my GPU load was stuck at 100% and clocks were maxed out. After disabling ReLive, the issue just went poof, all back to normal. I'm wondering if during all that time of me testing your updated plugin, my GPU was locked at 100%... I'll have to retest it then :P

It's the other way around, ReLive collides with everything as it hooks into everything.

Also, how do I properly run OBS in debug mode? Whenever I'm trying to launch it using the parameters from your wiki, OBS just doesn't start at all.

There's a fix for that incoming to OBS soon, someone added an extra exit(0) to what shouldn't have one.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

1.4.3.11 - Settings Transfer, Automatic VBV Buffer adjustment and Fixes (Hotfix 5)

Another day, another new feature: this time it is transferring settings between versions, so that you will no longer use settings when a change to a setting is made. Since it only just now started tracking the config version, it will only work with settings created between 1.4.3.0 and 1.4.3.5, any other version might end up with broken settings.

Another change has been done to the Automatic VBV Buffer Size, which will now behave much more predictable. A value of 0% is completely...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

For those wondering which to get, 1.4.3.11 is the 5th hotfix for 1.4.3.8, and 1.9.9.6 is the first pre-release of the upcoming 2.0.0.0

DxLwebs

Ok, so tried again with a fresh install of obs and the older version of your plugin and im only getting 44fps in the recorded media, thats the file after recording not my actual fps in game, like i said i done a complete re-install of obs nothing was saved everything was deleted, i installed your older version and put the same settings as before which allowed me to get 60fps in my recorded media, only thing i can think off that is causing the issue is obs it's self as its their latest version and must be causing some kind of issue.

attached my logs again i believe its the second to last log that has the info in it, even with the new software of obs im still with the defualts able to get 60fps recorded so i can't believe that i can't do it with my gpu, i must be missing something, i also tried changing the value from 1 key frame to 5 and there was no change, right now obs defualt 60fps and amd gpu 44 fps or 48fps, tested on the same games as before.

like i said i think it must be to do with the latest version of obs

Attachments

• logs.rar
    25.1 KB · Views: 26

Xaymar

Ok, so tried again with a fresh install of obs and the older version of your plugin and im only getting 44fps in the recorded media, thats the file after recording not my actual fps in game, like i said i done a complete re-install of obs nothing was saved everything was deleted, i installed your older version and put the same settings as before which allowed me to get 60fps in my recorded media, only thing i can think off that is causing the issue is obs it's self as its their latest version and must be causing some kind of issue.

attached my logs again i believe its the second to last log that has the info in it, even with the new software of obs im still with the defualts able to get 60fps recorded so i can't believe that i can't do it with my gpu, i must be missing something, i also tried changing the value from 1 key frame to 5 and there was no change, right now obs defualt 60fps and amd gpu 44 fps or 48fps, tested on the same games as before.

like i said i think it must be to do with the latest version of obs

I don't think it's OBS's fault, the GPU encoder is just permanently overloaded. Do you have ReLive active or some other capture software?

DxLwebs

I don't think it's OBS's fault, the GPU encoder is just permanently overloaded. Do you have ReLive active or some other capture software?

Hi yeah that's very strange, i actually never installed ReLive on purpose because i didn't need any more crap on my system lol, ReLive is still very new so i don't really trust it, the only stuff i have active on my system when recording is steam, origin(at times), rayzer synapse, onedrive, radeon, asus tweak 2 and bitdefender, none should effect the gpu well other than redoen default software and the asus tweak which only sets the gpu to use 100% power to stop fps drops and fan control..

DxLwebs

I should also note that i use my gpu to render my videos after recording and never have any load issues then, could it be that the games are just too stressful for the card to do recording at the same time?

Xaymar

Hi yeah that's very strange, i actually never installed ReLive on purpose because i didn't need any more crap on my system lol, ReLive is still very new so i don't really trust it, the only stuff i have active on my system when recording is steam, origin(at times), rayzer synapse, onedrive, radeon, asus tweak 2 and bitdefender, none should effect the gpu well other than redoen default software and the asus tweak which only sets the gpu to use 100% power to stop fps drops and fan control..

I should also note that i use my gpu to render my videos after recording and never have any load issues then, could it be that the games are just too stressful for the card to do recording at the same time?

Encoding should not really be affected by gaming, at least not to my knowledge. The only thing that affects encoding is other encoding sessions that run on the GPU - I don't know what software is doing it, but something is drastically reducing your GPUs encoding performance. A R9 390 is capable of solid 1080p 60 fps at Quality preset with any of the presets.

Where do I have to put those files?

You install it into the same directory OBS Studio is installed into.

DxLwebs

Encoding should not really be affected by gaming, at least not to my knowledge. The only thing that affects encoding is other encoding sessions that run on the GPU - I don't know what software is doing it, but something is drastically reducing your GPUs encoding performance. A R9 390 is capable of solid 1080p 60 fps at Quality preset with any of the presets.

ok bud thnx for the info i'll run some tests tomorrow and try and figure out whats going on, as like you saw before it was working, something is very wrong, i'll try uninstalling obs again and a few other things. thanks for all your help you have the patients of a saint :D

DxLwebs

OK! so I have done some testing and got the same issues as before UNTIL i removed the new obs and went back to obs 17.0.2 and your AMF coder version 1.4.3.8 after doing that i got perfect 60 fps recordings in star wars battlefront, so with out doing anything other than removing the new obs and putting my old one back on the overloading of my r9 390 has stopped or atleast i believe it has, i'll attach the log files, not sure why the new obs was causing these issues other than possibly the new obs did not remove the old version and ran both at the same time maybe because i did notice after uninstalling that it didn't remove any of the files and/or folders so i did that manually.

hope this helps in some way

Attachments

• logs.rar
    16.9 KB · Views: 24

Xaymar

OK! so I have done some testing and got the same issues as before UNTIL i removed the new obs and went back to obs 17.0.2 and your AMF coder version 1.4.3.8 after doing that i got perfect 60 fps recordings in star wars battlefront, so with out doing anything other than removing the new obs and putting my old one back on the overloading of my r9 390 has stopped or atleast i believe it has, i'll attach the log files, not sure why the new obs was causing these issues other than possibly the new obs did not remove the old version and ran both at the same time maybe because i did notice after uninstalling that it didn't remove any of the files and/or folders so i did that manually.

hope this helps in some way

I've only been able to reproduce it while something was using the HW decoder segment of the GPU on the R9 390. Are you doing that? Media Source, VLC Source, Browser Source and any other Applications may be causing this.

DxLwebs

I've only been able to reproduce it while something was using the HW decoder segment of the GPU on the R9 390. Are you doing that? Media Source, VLC Source, Browser Source and any other Applications may be causing this.

Hi bud, nope the only software i have open when recording is, Steam, OBS,tweak II, the radeon software as always, sometimes origin, killer internet software for my gigabyte board, razer software, onedrive and bitdefender.

i don't use browsers when recording or any other programs, oh wait i use discord when multiplayer recording, but thats not often.

soon

Hi,
I'm using iMac 2014 late(3.5Ghz i5 quad core, amd r9 x290,24GB RAM), trying to use obs on bootcamp windows.
My Capture board is LGP2.
I have installed this plugin on my windows, but I cant' see any AMD encoder.

It's interesting that I can select AMD encoder in RECentral 3.0 software even before installing this plugin, but not in OBS.

I think obs somehow doesn't recognize my amd graphic card..

Could you give any advice on it?

I just can't use x264 encoder, it's too heavy.

I've installed latest graphic driver, Visual Studio 2015 Redistributables.

Thanks.

vapeahoy

Recentral comes along with a few services and thus automatic conflicts with third party software as obs. It can be worked around, and it is version dependent on what obstacles one will face. In my experience it's better to not install recentral and just the cards driver. There also has not been a stable amd gpu driver since 16.6/16.3 (ymmv) and it's on v17 beta now.

Xaymar

Hi,
I'm using iMac 2014 late(3.5Ghz i5 quad core, amd r9 x290,24GB RAM), trying to use obs on bootcamp windows.
My Capture board is LGP2.
I have installed this plugin on my windows, but I cant' see any AMD encoder.

It's interesting that I can select AMD encoder in RECentral 3.0 software even before installing this plugin, but not in OBS.

I think obs somehow doesn't recognize my amd graphic card..

Could you give any advice on it?

I just can't use x264 encoder, it's too heavy.

I've installed latest graphic driver, Visual Studio 2015 Redistributables.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.