Adding Alpha Channel to WebM files

TwitchyCoffee

Most of the sources I use for my stream (transitions, overlays, etc) are video files in a WebM codec. When imported into OBS, it has a black background. I try to colour-key out the black, but this leaves some weird effects on the final product.

Can we see this being implemented in a future update?

Xaymar

17.0.0 is the latest release though? I can't find a more recent release anywhere. Sorry to be a bother, mate!

There was an issue with 17.0.1, which is why it was reverted again. 17.0.2 should fix this issue, but the people affected by the issue are currently offline so the fix can't be verified yet.

TwitchyCoffee

There was an issue with 17.0.1, which is why it was reverted again. 17.0.2 should fix this issue, but the people affected by the issue are currently offline so the fix can't be verified yet.
Ah, thank you brother. I'll keep an eye out for 17.0.2 then!

psynaps

Webm with alpha/transparency is working GREAT for me in media source. ffmpeg to render webm with alpha, let me know if I should do a guide.

Chase_

Has anyone discovered other ways to encode video in .webm format with the alpha background supported? I've seen the some brief instructions on using ffmpeg to use a sequence of images to create a .webm with alpha. I would like to create a smoother video with higher fps for slightly longer stinger transitions (rather than a series of images).

@psynaps I would be interested to see how you used ffmpeg.