17.0.2 Mac OSX obs-studio Build (+Bonus Latest Master Build)

David Cooper

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's not available because the build server we were using is gone, and we're currently working on a new build server to replace it. I could put out a build manually, but it'd be without auto-updating, so I've been waiting and hoping that we could get the new build server working and with auto-updates.

Apologies for lack of builds otherwise. It's been really frustrating because I was basically completely cut off from the old build server, and quite frankly I never expect it to come back because the guy maintaining it just doesn't care anymore and just ignores all communication with him now. I just got really unlucky and shouldn't have relied on him.

It's kind of you to make a build otherwise. I should just do it myself and post it, despite the lack of auto-updates.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
@Jim
Related to this thread... How's the CI stuff going? I noticed that AppVeyor seems to be producing builds (yay!), but if I recall correctly, AppVeyor was for Windows builds, not Mac.

Chidorin

with both versions browser plugin outputs "your browser plugin doesn't expose a flash version please install npapi"

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
We are using Travis for building Mac. I think app signing is the next big obstacle that is being worked on.
That's what I thought (using Travis for Mac builds). I didn't know about the app/code signing part. Just saw a new PR related to that. I'm excited. I don't use a Mac, I'm just excited about the idea in general.

keybounce

Bump

Build script here for the morbidly curious

So I'm looking over this build script. I'm pretty sure I'm using this build (I'm using one tagged 17.0.2.0, and I don't see that version from the ObsProject download page).

You got it to build and work. I'm trying to understand what you're doing. I'm using MacPorts, rather than brew, so I can't just do a copy/paste of this script as-is.

The first thing I noticed is that you are downloading/compiling the Chromium framework. What is that used for in OBS?

Beyond that? You are doing a bit more than just "cmake .. && make", as the official instructions say.

David Cooper

Bump

So I'm looking over this build script. I'm pretty sure I'm using this build (I'm using one tagged 17.0.2.0, and I don't see that version from the ObsProject download page).

You got it to build and work. I'm trying to understand what you're doing. I'm using MacPorts, rather than brew, so I can't just do a copy/paste of this script as-is.

The first thing I noticed is that you are downloading/compiling the Chromium framework. What is that used for in OBS?

Beyond that? You are doing a bit more than just "cmake .. && make", as the official instructions say.

What would you like to know? The Chromium framework is a dep for the obs-browser plugin.