Skip to content

Releases: pkviet/obs-studio

OBS Studio Music Edition v27.2.5

22 Jul 05:41
68afe87
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

This is a hotfix release, identical to the previous one.
Fixes:

• a race condition with Media Source, when it's reset;
  • muted state of a source is not displayed correctly at startup.
    The obs-ndi dll compiled against libobs of this fork are provided. Just add them to the obs-plugin folder if you want to use ndi with obs.

====
I decided to make a new release since I coded upstream a bunch of new features which need testing.
Namely:

Apart from that it should be identical to vanilla obs 27.2.4.

Note

I've added a second installer which ships obs-ndi plugin.
This requires that NDI 4 runtime be installed. Google is your friend.

Donations

We invested a lot of our time in making this version of OBS, which we release free of charge.
If you find this edition useful, consider donating. Even one buck is that much going to buy ourselves a burger !

IDonateE

What's new

This should be the last time I release any exe for this project. I don't have much time to keep maintaining this fork. Thanks to all who supported the project.

Note: I've removed bundling of obs-ndi plugin; I don't use it.
Also a few bugfixes:

Features

Released under GPL v3.
This version is the third installment of OBS Studio Music Edition; it's been updated to include all the new features of obs v26.
As the previous release, the main features are:

• support for up to 16 audio channels;
  • master mixer with filtering / monitoring buttons (written by Andersama and pkv);
  • improved audio sources mixer with monitoring/routing buttons (written by pkv);
  • improved asio capture through the JUCE library (written by Andersama and some minor stuff by pkv)
    • multi-device capability: if you have several asio soundboards, they can all be captured in obs-studio at the same time.
    • for asio use, check the asio wiki; in particular, if you want to capture mixes from a DAW.
  • vst3 (through Andersama vst3 plugin);
  • audio channel mixing (through Andersama rematrixer filter).
  • low-latency wasapi audio capture (IAudioClient3)
  • mac : coreaudio capture with juce library with routing capabilities added (requires compiling on mac).
  • bundled with obs-virtualcam-filter (from Exeldro).

It is based on OBS-Studio v27.0.1 and includes all its features.

Other features:

• ffmpeg libraries updated to master as of April 2020.

Instructions

• check the wiki for instructions.

Additional Info

• the rematrixer plugin which allows channel manipulation of a source is an audio filter; right-click on an audio source and select Filters.
  • Note on Twitch panels: they are working but require that authentication be made with regular obs. After that they will be loaded by OBS-Studio Music Edition(this fork).
  • the native obs-virtualcam from vanilla OBS works with OBS ME but it needs to be installed along with vanilla OBS.

Compatibility with third party plugins

Libobs was patched to support the additional capabilities so there's no guarantee that plugins working with a regular release of obs-studio will work unless they're explicitly compiled by linking to my modified libobs.
The ndi plugin is no longer bundled with this release.

OBS Studio Music Edition v27.2.4

27 Apr 12:48
df02d84
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

I decided to make a new release since I coded upstream a bunch of new features which need testing.
Namely:

Apart from that it should be identical to vanilla obs 27.2.4.

Note

I've added a second installer which ships obs-ndi plugin.
This requires that NDI 4 runtime be installed. Google is your friend.

Donations

We invested a lot of our time in making this version of OBS, which we release free of charge.
If you find this edition useful, consider donating. Even one buck is that much going to buy ourselves a burger !

IDonateE

What's new

This should be the last time I release any exe for this project. I don't have much time to keep maintaining this fork. Thanks to all who supported the project.

Also a few bugfixes:

Features

Released under GPL v3.
This version is the third installment of OBS Studio Music Edition; it's been updated to include all the new features of obs v26.

• master mixer with filtering / monitoring buttons (written by Andersama and pkv);
  • improved audio sources mixer with monitoring/routing buttons (written by pkv);
  • improved asio capture through the JUCE library (written by Andersama and some minor stuff by pkv)
    • multi-device capability: if you have several asio soundboards, they can all be captured in obs-studio at the same time.
    • for asio use, check the asio wiki; in particular, if you want to capture mixes from a DAW.
  • mac : coreaudio capture with juce library with routing capabilities added (requires compiling on mac).
  • bundled with obs-virtualcam-filter (from Exeldro).

Other features:

Instructions

Additional Info

• the rematrixer plugin which allows channel manipulation of a source is an audio filter; right-click on an audio source and select Filters.
  • Note on Twitch panels: they are working but require that authentication be made with regular obs. After that they will be loaded by OBS-Studio Music Edition(this fork).
  • the native obs-virtualcam from vanilla OBS works with OBS ME but it needs to be installed along with vanilla OBS.

Libobs was patched to support the additional capabilities so there's no guarantee that plugins working with a regular release of obs-studio will work unless they're explicitly compiled by linking to my modified libobs.

OBS Studio Music Edition v27.0.2c

06 Sep 13:51
Compare
Choose a tag to compare
  • It's a hotfix for an issue with dynamic bitrate with nvenc encoder.

• I've added back scripting.

• I've fixed obs-browser not working (panels and browser source).

• Fixed also some locale tag missing for hotkeys.

Apart from that it should be identical to v 27.0.1.

Donations

IDonateE

What's new

Synched to latest obs-studio release.
Improved dynamic bitrate (with two presets in Settings > Advanced section).
Low-latency wasapi audio capture (IAudioClient3) (I haven't experienced much improvement to be fair; I might not have the right soundboards).
Also a few bugfixes:

Features

Released under GPL v3.

• midi support for vst2 and vst3 plugins
  • bundled with obs-virtualcam-filter (from Exxeldro).

Other features:

Instructions

Additional Info

OBS Studio Music Edition v27.0.1

16 Jul 21:44
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

Donations

IDonateE

What's new

This will be the last time I release any exe for this project. I don't have much time to keep maintaining this fork. Thanks to all who supported the project.

Synched to latest obs-studio release.
Improved dynamic bitrate (with two presets in Settings > Advanced section).
Low-latency wasapi audio capture (IAudioClient3) (I haven't experienced much improvement to be fair; I might not have the right soundboards).
Also a few bugfixes:

Features

Released under GPL v3.

• bundled with obs-virtualcam-filter (from Exxeldro).

Other features:

Instructions

Additional Info

OBS Studio Music Edition v26.0.2

17 Oct 00:13
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

Donations

IDonateE

What's new

This is a hotfix minor Release with:

Features

Released under GPL v3.

It is based on OBS-Studio v26.0.2 and includes all its features.

Other features:

Fixes for v26

• Minor asio fixes
  • Master mixer outputs fixed

Instructions

Additional Info

The ndi plugin is bundled with this release.

OBS Studio Music Edition v26.0.0

30 Sep 18:51
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

NB: prerequisite: download the last visual studio redistributable https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Features

Released under GPL v3.

It is based on OBS-Studio v26.0.0 and includes all its features.

Other features:

• srt protocol support with streaming output fixed (it's bugged in obs v25).

Fixes for v26

• Minor asio fixes
  • Master mixer outputs fixed

Instructions

Additional Info

The ndi plugin is bundled with this release.

Donations

IDonateE

OBS Studio Music Edition v25.0.8

23 May 23:12
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

New for 25.0.8

• Added hotkey support for monitoring button (on both mixers).
  • Fix asio source duplication issues.
  • Unlock aac bitrate up to 5 Mbs (for surround sound and with ffmpeg native aac encoder).

Win-only release.
For mac, check the 25.0.8 beta.

• check the wiki for instructions:

Features

Released under GPL v3.
This version is the second installment of OBS Studio Music Edition; it's been updated to include all gthe new features of obs v25.

It is based on OBS-Studio v25.0.8 and includes all its features.

Other features:

• ffmpeg libraries updated to master as of May 2020.

Donations

IDonateE

Additional Info

OBS Studio Music Edition 25.0.8 Beta (Mac only release)

16 May 17:53
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

This is a Mac only release.
I've tagged it as beta, since I haven't tested extensively but I expect the release to work just fine.
Compared with the windows version, there's no ASIO support (irrelevant) nor vst3. I plan to add AU and VST3 later.

NEW

Released under GPL v3.
This version is the second installment of OBS Studio Music Edition; it's been updated to include all gthe new features of obs v25.

It is based on OBS-Studio v25.0.4 and includes all its features.

Other features:

• srt protocol support with streaming output fixed (it's bugged in obs vanilla v25).

Donations

IDonateE

Additional Info

Planned:

details on the features in the Wiki

OBS Studio Music Edition v25.0.4 and v25.0.5beta

14 Apr 02:14
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

The various available exe and which to download

There are three binaries which can be downloaded. v25.0.4 is the regular version. v25.0.4ndi includes the obs-ndi plugin (a regular install of the obs-ndi plugin will fail with OBS ME due to differences in the libobs library).
There is also a v25.0.5 beta version which should fix loading of webm with alpha.
If you find issues , open a Bug in Issues section.

NEW

Released under GPL v3.

It is based on OBS-Studio v25.0.4 and includes all its features.

Other features:

Donations

IDonateE

Additional Info

Planned:

OBS Studio Music Edition v24.0.3

20 Oct 16:35
Compare
Choose a tag to compare

NEW

Released under GPL v3.
This major version is the first installment of OBS Studio Music Edition; it is targeted at music streaming:

It is based on OBS-Studio v24.0.3 and includes all its features.

Other features:

• ffmpeg libraries updated to master as of oct. 20, 2019.
  • srt protocol support with ffmpeg custom output.

Donations

IDonateE

Additional Info

• The Master Mixer is OFF on default; enable it in the View > Docks > Master Mixer menu.

Planned:

Note on macOS builds:

I may provide a build later if there is any demand for it.