Said that non beta version would be free to download.

This software started out free and users took their time to learn and apply a lot of its functions (Myself included), later the dev decided to close the downloads and put it behind a paywall. And he said that only "BETA VERSIONS" are paid, full versions would be free. I called 1 year ago that no FULL version would ever release.

At the time he said that this was just a side side hustle so that was the reason that a full version would be hard to be out anytime soon and that he was getting blasted by help posts everywhere by everyone and doing it for free.

So now, after more than a full year and 1.166 paying subscribers (that pay at least 11€ a month.)

seems like more than 12.000€ per month is not worth enough to dedicate time to just decide to full release a non beta version (even if does not include broken being tested features).

Well, i cant judge, if I just cared about money thats the best tactic out here. Even if the software is good enough to be non beta I would just introduce a new feature that would be new enough just to keep calling the whole package beta and i would not seperate a full package that I would consider non beta..

Lets call if beta forever!

Smart move moneywise. But nonetheless I'm just calling out what is in plain sight.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Man, I wish I got those 12000€/month this user is dreaming of.
Up to date source no longer available on GitHub.
Avoid it at all cost! Scummy tactics from the dev and due to these now we can't trust him anymore...use other alternatives
Why Pay wall this? you can literally get the same plugins like Bjonik mentioned.
Weird, rude dev with bizzare habits and actions when it comes to his project. Stay far away.
This plugin was wonderful while it was free. Now that it is paywalled, I've had to keep an older build of OBS installed just to use the last free version of the plugin. At least there are alternatives starting to show up. Would like to use this plugin again, but not going to happen unless it goes back to being free.
Go back to being free, thanks :)
In a very suspicious turn of events the developer, claiming that a non GPL compatible source code was used by a contributor, removed ALL of the install binaries from assets. There is no installer you can download, no stable and no beta versions. Effectively, with this clever trick, you can ONLY get a build through his expensive recurring Patreon or build it yourself... Nicely done Xaymar.
one word... YIKES!
PLEASE RECONSIDER! Many creators who rely on Patreon make their stable releases available to the public while offering beta versions to supporters. I think this is a compromise you should consider. StreamFX has benefitted hundreds (if not thousands) of streamers (including myself) and could continue to do so if made available for free or at a lower cost.
3 Euro reichen euch nicht? Jetzt ehrlich habe ich bezahlt und möchte nur einen weichzeichner haben mehr haben!! abzocke eckelhaft!!
I understand the time and effort involved in creating and maintaining a product like this.
BUT the plugin isn't required to stream or even to improve the quality of your stream because there are several other more affordable options available. Therefore it just simply isn't worth the money.

It was fun while it lasted. Farewell StreamFX.
Another will soon take your place.
OBS Studio is open source and free. You can't program this plugin without OBS, but you want to get paid for it... and ignore GPL license... the OBS project doesn't block the plugin yet... I don't understand, they're just good-natured and you just take advantage of something like that. ..
Xaymar
Xaymar
The GPL license does not prevent selling a product.
I relied on the shaders for StreamFX. The person who runs this project is very rude and he's very greedy. OBS isn't to pay your paycheck, this is a GNU-licensed project, and it's OPEN SOURCE, not a CLOSED SOURCE. It's time for the project manager to retire and find another job so he can get the pay he wants and let the community manage the project. There is no money in this, it's not reasonable to pay $11 for each release and for people who can build it to not pay.
It was once one of he must have Plugins in OBS.
I still have a OBS Install of 29.0.2 Version with the portable Edition of StreamFX - And i will keep this version maybe.

But here is the real talk: I understand you want and need money for your time you spend on this Plugin. Thats fine and i dont have any Problems to pay for something just once. But it seems you need to have a subscription on petreon to use it? I could compile the sources by myself but for what? But i am not interested in spend more time looking into this :D because:

There are a lot of other Plugins that replace the main functions I used of this. For Example you can use other Plugins for 3D, Blur, Source Mirroring and so on :) They are free and they do what i need

With this Competition it seems it wasnt the best model to switch to a paywall as you can see of the comments in here. You lost a lot of rating and i guys also a lot of users. I Still give 2 Star instead of only one like many do - because i used this tool so many years now.

Anyway I wish you guys good luck with this project.
For me it is time to move on.
Paywall how are we suppose to test it?
Well, the installer for version 0.11.1, which was the last stable version, is no longer available, and they still haven't released a version for obs 29, so I think it's official, we can only have access to the installer by paying
Dev violates GPL by committing non-GPL code so Binaries are removed Now full-on GPL violation with paywall
RIP
Uninstalled plugin but it left some dlls somewhere in file system. Due to it I wasn't able to use OBS 28-29 for past several months, because it was crashing at start.