I can no longer use this because I cannot afford a 10/mo subscription. That's just insane. Not even a free tier with like half the options (blur is the one I used mostly).
I originally found StreamFX just to get a basic blur video filter, which isn't available in OBS. I was very happy with this plugin for that purpose a year ago.
There are compatibility issues with OBS 28+, so I've given up on StreamFX for now, and settled with a workaround in vanilla OBS: dramatically downscaling and then upscaling the video source, with bilinear interpolation.
The Patreon business model doesn't really make sense for software dev work, in my eyes. Either the output is freeware, or available as a commercial product.
I could probably invest a few hours to build it from source myself once there's a stable v0.12, but that's a bit annoying and not feasible for most users.
Hopefully things come good soon, but it all seems a bit stagnant and toxic here at the moment.
Paywalling current versions despite OBS not working with the latest stable releases is not a good move, just as others already said. I will stop using this plugin for now...
Xaymar
Xaymar
StreamFX requires funding to be maintained and this was the only available way at the time. Without funding StreamFX would have recieved no further updates.
This plugin served me well in the past but I can no longer recommend it for general use.
I used StreamFX for a single source and filter. I don't need 90% of what StreamFX offers, and I would rather not have to jump through a bunch of hoops and/or paywalls, while also potentially dealing with the usual open source developer mindset that is unfortunately common (ie. your feedback or issue is bad or wrong, our code is infallable and free of issues, nothing is ever our fault and is always the users fault. If you have a problem then code it yourself), just to use a single filter on the latest stable version of OBS 29.
Currently, the only version for OBS 29 is officially available via Patreon. I don't have a problem with paywalling of pre-release versions in general, however when the latest stable version of StreamFX hasn't been updated for over 2 (likely will be 3) stable versions of OBS, that's where the move towards monetization becomes sour for me.
Seeing how there hasn't been a stable release for so long, I consider StreamFX to be depricated and should be treated as such. I highly suggest finding alternatives wherever possible. Source Clone by exeldro is a great alternative to Source Mirrors, and is what I am now using.
Xaymar
Xaymar
StreamFX is still actively updated, thanks to the funding acquired through the current monetization model. Without funding, StreamFX would have ceased to recieve any and all updates permanently.

Patrons currently can use pre-releases and recieve support for it, but Public support is limited to Stable features and versions. The publicly available wiki also lists all features and their current status (Experimental, Unstable, Stable, Deprecated, Removed) and we always say to not use non-Stable features in production. We know they're broken, we've warned about it, and if you fail to heed that warning it is on you.
Lol paywall even when the plugin keep lagging behind the current version of OBS, making it unusuable, dev went nuts.
Xaymar
Xaymar
As development and maintenence of a plugin takes time, and time is not free, funding is required to ensure updates can even happen. Patrons can already use versions that fully support OBS 29.0.
My review was yet again removed by an admin.
Love the plugin, hate the monthly fee to get access to the newest builds. Would prefer a 1 time payment option with access to all future builds.
Xaymar
Xaymar
We offer the option to build from source, as with any open source project. A one time fee is not possible for continous development, especially with "inflation". The one time license fee is your time it takes to build it yourself.
Used this a lot in the older OBS versions. Just wanted to thank the dev. Looking forward to the next stable release. Don't let the hate get to you. The people complaining about the "paywall" are the same people that would complain about buggy "unstable" releases if they were to download an alpha version.
I love this plugin it is very useful, My question to the creator is the payment is in patreon?
Xaymar
Xaymar
Stable versions (v0.11.1) are available for free. Pre-release versions, at least in binary form, currently require supporting the project on Patreon.
Keep going. I don't want this project to drop.
+5 Stars for the Plug-In, -3 for the developers behavior, -1 for the paywall (there was just 1 Star left, 1 is the minimum, otherwise there would be more stars removed for the paywall).
Xaymar
Xaymar
A free model is not sustainable. Exposure doesn't pay bills and rent. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.
I'd be more than happy to pay for the software with a one time fee, but I can't afford yet another monthly subscription.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Stable versions are still free. Nothing forces you to upgrade and use pre-releases.
Damn paywall crap. I will leak this software everywhere i can, so no one has to pay money to this crap developer!!
Xaymar
Xaymar
Then enjoy no further updates! Really just shouting yourself in the foot by doing that.
StreamFX used to work pretty well. It's a shame that Xaymar (The lead developer) is one of the most angry and spiteful people I've ever encountered. Paywalling an open source project is laughable, making the once open-to-all discord private, deleting "negative" feedback, and removing the ability for non-devs to comment on github (largely in part to his personal definitions of the words "production" and "support") is really just the icing on this 'frustrated and seething lil guy' cake... and he wonders why he has trouble with donations lol.
No current functional release of this project. Last 4 "releases" are still behind paywall and never actually released.
Paywall after so many years... unbelievable!
Xaymar
Xaymar
It's almost as if exposure doesn't pay bills!
Thank you user @P90Ez for compiling the latest version for us. The fact that it took you 2 hours and you have knowledge on this subject truly shows how Xaymar saying "You always have the option to build from source." as if it was a 5 minute process is absolutely absurd.

We have been asking for days and been ignored with a simple copy and paste. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to help people like me.
Latest builds works as advertised. This is still an open-source project, everything is free and openly available to build.
Paywall for beta/alpha builds, not even for a final version.
you can ignore the copied + pasted response the dev has been giving to everybody. this is a paywall plain and simple. claiming its not a paywall because you can build from source (even though multiple people have said that doesn't even work) is absurd.

I can't think of anyone less deserving of your money than Xaymar.
Working versions hidden behind paywalls with public release versions being years out of date

"The pre-built binaries for pre-releases are only available to Supporters, as voted on by Supporters. You always have the option to build from source." Is a load of bullshit. Not everyone is a developer to have the experience to know how to do this
Xaymar
Xaymar
Open Source does not equal Free.