Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

This plugin, in concept, is an amazing idea. Helps adding a feature that Streamlabs OBS has and OBS Studio does not. IF IT WORKS!

This feature constantly just crashes my computer otherwise. I have the latest of both OBS Studio and this plugin. I have a beefy computer and a 2080 Super GPU, so i shouldn't have a problem.

I would re-rate this plugin if it were stable - because it would solve a problem i have presently with OBS Studio over Streamlabs, yet this could be FAR better than what streamlabs has available if it worked right.
Plugin is great when it works, but I keep having issues with the video/audio getting out of sync throughout the duration of a recording. By the end of a recording, the audio is multiple seconds off instead of completely synchronized like it was at the start. Also this thing crashes a lot so that's kind of annoying.
This is a sorely needed plugin. But problem is that source record videos are sped up and not in sync with the main OBS video recording. So it really makes it kind of useless. I hope this will be addressed soon.
This is really not a selective recording replacement Streamlabs has, for anyone interested. And since there's all that dirty laundry being aired out about Streamlabs, I was hoping to find a good replacement for Streamlabs but this plug-in doesn't do enough to replace that and I'm forced to simply open two OBS instances for now which I've wanted to avoid.

Main problems:
- Crashing. It caused OBS to just suddenly become so incredibly unstable and I would have to toggle it off after I finished recording. Every time I would reopen OBS, it would crash instantly and trying to toggle off Source Record was a massive chore. It became such a hassle to fix this problem.
- Cannot record multiple sources at the same time at an acceptable quality. If you try to apply the filter over a group/folder of sources so you can just record them all, the video framerate drops and it looks so incredibly terrible. This is the biggest problem I have because I want to record more than one source at a time while still getting rid some other overlays.

Recording one source at a time is fine, and if you only need that then this plug-in works. But I can't recommend this plug-in at all if you want the same type of selective recording Streamlabs has, which is the biggest unironic positive over OBS and this plug-in. I'm willing to walk this all back if there are improvements, but I have never felt more frustration and anger at stuff not going right than now. I just hope there's an official implementation of selective recording some time in the future.
It worked until I added the GoXLR mini to my system.

Now, the second I add "Source Record" filter to any source, the Music channel starts glitching and goes silent. Removing the Source Record filter or exiting OBS fixes the problem. Or even if I toggle visibility of the plugin ("eye" icon) my music cuts in/out.

I've tried the "Different audio track" option with all possible values and same results, same with hardware/software encoding. The second I add the plugin my audio gets messed up.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RTX 3060
GoXLR Mini
Mackie PRoFX10v3

Log: https://pastebin.com/GmkrV86u
Exeldro
Exeldro
For audio issues see the known issues and use different audio and select an audio track.
So I currently also have the problem that the plugin does not record the single source where the filter is active, but the whole scene. I have also made the test that I put the filter on a whole scene and then activate another scene. Again, it records the active scene. I think your plugin in is currently not working correctly.
Exeldro
Exeldro
Are you using as encoder nvenc new? because that is a known issue stated on the plugin page and the forum thread, try using an other encoder. If that is not the issue can you please provide me more information about the settings and setup your are using.
This plug-in great when it works, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for what I want it for.

I'm trying to use this to record my game footage while I stream so I can make clean YT vids with it, which means I need it to record hours of footage. But that doesn't happen.

I finish out the recording on OBS, the normal recording works but the source recording is a fraction of what it should be and waiting ages doesn't seem to fix it. Closing OBS comes up with a crash report and the source recording finishes with a fraction of the footage. I'm not really sure what's going on here, maybe I didn't wait for it save for long enough? But I dunno, I waited a while and the normal OBS recording was done so... The problem is there's no indication as to whether the source recording is still saving or whether it's frozen.

Until it becomes more reliable I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it :/. Which is a shame cause it really is such a useful plugin.
With OBS 29.1.3 - the source record plugin is still having crashes as other reviewers have commented. I read that this latest OBS release addressed some issue with Source Record crashes but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Crashes stopped when uninstalled. Currently going back to 2nd OBS open w/ Virtual Camera but that doesn't include audio so ideally at some point the crashing issue is resolved. Also ideally OBS would natively incorporate an ISO record where can record a scene separately vs having to install a plugin.
My OBS Studio (27.2.4) does not launch after installing this plugin.
Problem is only fixed after removing it from obs-plugin folder.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
The idea behind this is incredible. This tool adds something that's severily lacking in OBS natively. Being able to record specific sources in various ways, enables both features such as dedicated recordings for post editing; or on the fly instant replays.

Unfortunately it is severely broken in a lot of aspects. For example it does not apply settings to your filter once the settings is applied. You have to turn the filter visibiltiy on and off. It also resets hotkeys every time you do that, or restart your OBS.

There's also an issue with it taking longer and longer to save a buffered footage, as your stream goes on - so it'll start with taking a second to save it - and 5 hours is it suddenly takes 22 seconds. (This goes back to 1 second if you hide/show the filter - which then resets your hotkeys).

It's a bit of a mess at the moment. Hopefully it'll improve once the developer finds time to take a look at it. Great idea, but still needs some work.
Its grand only problem is it crashes OBS when i try to switch scene collections. A pity this was a good idea and needed natively.
Stops recording after some seconds when trying to capture a desktop source, and crashes when trying to record an app window.
It's truly a great idea but a terrible plugin!
For some reason it stops recording in the middle of a session, and it makes for double the work!
So far I have downloaded it and installed it into the right folder I would like to say over 10 times now. I love the concept and would love to have this work properly for me. But even before I updated my obs version the plugin still wasn't working. If the plugin can be updated to 27.2.4 that would be wonderful. But so far sense I have no way of directly telling if it is (because in the overview it only shows the plugin version and not the version compatibility) I won't be able to use it. If I could have help figuring out why it won't show up, that would be great. If it's just the version compatibility then I will just have to hope the creators can update it soon enough.
Got it working, but no matter what settings I put in, it always results in an encoder overload.
Just by installing this plugin, even without it enabled or active on any source, my time to render frames went up by around ~7 milliseconds, causing a lot of missed frames.

And that's not to mention any of the crashes and encoder issues that other users have brought up.
This plugin keeps the obs crashing with the following error: Fault address: 0 ((null))
libobs version: 29.0.2 (64-bit)
even on version 0.3.0 the replay buffer setting doesn't work, nothing happens when i press the hot key or manually press to save the buffer in obs. this makes the whole point for me using this plugin useless, as i use the replaybuffer to make clips for content
This plug-in is absolutely broken. I've had nothing but issues since the moment I started using Source Record. For example

Regardless of settings, the record quality with plug in is abysmal even when copying my regular recording settings 1:1.

Caused me to have significant quality issues with my regular recorded videos

Through Source Record, recordings may get corrupted when using MP4, MKV files stay frozen / processing and never get processed or recorded at all.

Source Record caused constant crashes so I had to reinstall manually.

No info online for trouble shooting / specific issues.
Great idea but unfortunately it crashes OBS regularly when I stop recording or close OBS.
Source Record 0.3.2 - OBS Studio 29.1.1 (64 bit)
Update: After downgrading to OBS Studio 29.0 (64 bit) it crashes less and seems more stable. However it is still not usable as long as it causes crashes.
I suggest to uninstall the plugin and run a 2nd instance of OBS Studio to record the sources separately until a fix comes out.