Source Code URL
https://github.com/norihiro/obs-h8819-source/
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
Introduction

This plugin provides audio source(s) from REAC, which is a proprietary audio-over-ethernet protocol developed by Roland. The protocol provides 24-bit 40-channel uncompressed audio.

Hardware connection

This plugin was developed and tested with Roland M-200i (ja) as the connection drawn in a figure below.

In the computer running OBS Studio, it is recommended to have a dedicated ethernet device to connect to REAC network.

physical-connection.png

Disclaimer

This plugin is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, and the plugin is to be used at your own risk. The author of this plugin has no relationship with Roland. Do not ask Roland for support of this plugin.

Properties

Ethernet device

Specifies which ethernet device to be monitored.

Channel L / R
Specify left and right channel to be captured.

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are tested.
    • MacOS: Version 0.1.2 was briefly tested. However, amount of testing is not so large because I don't mainly use macOS.
    • Ubuntu: A deb package is provided but never tested. The source code is tested on CentOS 8 and CentOS Stream 9.
    • Windows: Windows: Tested (version 0.3.0 on VirtualBox)
  • Only 48 kHz sampling frequency is supported since the sampling frequency is hard-coded to 48 kHz in the plugin. To use this plugin, you have to set the sampling frequency of the REAC device to 48 kHz. (Still you can set any sampling frequency on OBS Studio and libobs will automatically convert it.)

See also
  • reacdriver - The format of the packet was taken from this implementation.
  • Sakae Shalom Church - I appreciate them for providing M-200i to be tested with this plugin.
Reactions: GHM23
Author
norihiro
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from norihiro

Latest updates

1. h8819 Source 0.3.2

This is a hotfix release of an audio source from REAC, an audio-over-ethernet protocol. Changes...
  2. REAC Audio Source 0.3.1

This is a hotfix release of an audio source from REAC, an audio-over-ethernet protocol. Changes...
  3. h8819 Source 0.3.0

This is an experimental release of an audio source from REAC, an audio-over-ethernet protocol...