A lot of this falls under the category of a long time coming. I know I just did an update but we had a bunch happen in the last few days that happen to make me update quickly.
First of all I want to shout out to Steven Mattera, he worked on a server for hacked switches so you can now use your switch as an input server. That means if you have a hacked switch and you stream- you can now show your inputs live from your console! I would say a first in this department. Go out there and play some hot garbage Mario Maker levels! For more information you can read it here (there is a video too!): https://ojdproject.com/user-guide#servernx
Secondly, there has been issues with the Pro Controllers and a bunch of nonsense for a long time (not just with my app but with others as well). Mostly in Windows and the d-pads. After working with another user on it, we came up with a solution that will work for any controller that has their d-pads on a single axis (a Point of View HAT). Fixed Triggers! This will allow nearly most if not all controllers to be mapped using OJD now including Pro Controllers, Pokken, and more! Check it out here: https://ojdproject.com/user-guide#input-mapper-triggersFixed
Finally, I heard you- I didn't just listen, I listened. There are now new Joycon themes (including the brand new colors that came out today), a Pokken controller theme, and yes- finally some new Xbox controller themes that have been updated to match the look and feel of all of the other themes in the library. Gamecube revamp is still on hold right now but will come later. Screenshots: https://ojdproject.com/screenshots
Don't worry, the flat ones are still in there for those who like them (like myself), however the new ones have replaced the old ones so just adjust your profile as you wish to the 'flat' themes.
That covers most of it, please checkout the new version at:
Sorry everyone for the delay, been hard at work on the new Open Joystick Display that should be out in a month or two. In the meantime I've got some juicy new items for you:
- Switch Pro Controllers (Regular, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Peach Themed)
- Multi-Player Support for Controllers (Open two instances of OJD and control two different controllers using the Chromium driver!)
- Various Security Fixes (For your pleasure)
You can download the latest releases here for Windows, Linux, and macOS:
However, not all is sunshine and rainbows- I've decided to end 32-bit support with this version. With some of the new features I'm working on and the fact that it's 2019- it's time to put an end to it. You can read more here: https://ojdproject.com/goodbye-32bit
You're free to still try and attempt to compile 32-bit, but I won't support it- it's on you.
That's it for now, please look forward to it! (err.. I mean new stuff to come?)
Have a separate gaming and encoding PC? We now offer a server that you can run on your gaming rig that will broadcast your joystick inputs over the local network to your encoding PC that runs Open Joystick Display. (Note that this feature is currently in beta) Give it a try here: https://ojdproject.com/
Released: March 15th 2019
- 80s Joysticks and Joypads (Joysticks in the 80s Theme)
- Atari VCS (2600) Joystick
- Commodore 64 Competition Pro Joystick
- Sharp X68000 X1 Joycard
- Infinity Fix for Some Analog Controllers
- Custom OJD SVG Namespace
- Bug Fixes
- NintendoSpy/RetroSpy Support!
- Playstation and Xbox Fight Stick Themes.
- Arcade Stick Support.
- Interface Tweaks.
- Performance Enhancements.
- Updated Documentation.
- PC-Engine Controller Themes
- Sega Dreamcast Controller Themes
- Sega Saturn Controller Themes
- Support for CAPTURE and RUN Buttons
- Minor changes and patreon backers list.
- Support for continuous integration pipeline.
- macOS Support
- Linux 32-Bit Support
- Bug fix for some issues with the sidebar and inputs losing focus.
- Bug fix to allow the deadzone value to be changed.
- Some visual modifications to the Gamecube controller.
- Windows 32-Bit Support
The first stable release of Open Joystick Display!
- Updated interface and color theme.
- Broadcast profiles
- Brand new themes for the following platforms. All with various controller styles as well as streamer-style color options!
- Microsoft Xbox
- Nintendo Gamecube
- NES / Famicom
- SNES / Super Famicom
- Nintendo 64
- Sega Master System / Mark III
- Sega Genesis / Mega Drive
- Sony Playstation
- Updated theme engine with sub-themes (Styles)
- Better SVG support
- Ability to change the event polling rate for better response time.