Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

As others have rated I will as well. I was using this plugin to get my camera and other scene/sources to other apps. The OBS latest version is not compatible. I'm about to drop some serious cash on a dev to recreate this function... Taking bids on fiverr as we speak.
My rating is based on the Virtual cam for versions of OBS before the latest: It works and it works well. the only feature I would add is an auto-start feature. This does what it says on the box and allowed me to run it for two major things which included a green screen scene for discord and a program called Mario Maker 2 OCR.

That being said, I am currently in need of a willing and generous developer to update this addon or at least give a valid alternative that will work. Let me explain.

As much as the current developer keeps saying the built in virtual camera will work (and I have kept fiddling with settings really trying to make it work) as well as alternatives on the forums, none of them work for the thing I need it for: Mario Maker 2 OCR. This program looks at a screen (the virtual camera output) and made a nice HTML page to show what level I was playing, as well as how many deaths I had, and how long I was playing... automatically. It was great and neat. I don't know what is with the built in virtual camera but this output crashes Mario Maker 2 OCR.

I have been looking over the forums and so far none of the suggestions I have been able to make work INCLUDING this developer's recommendation of Exeldro's filter plugin (In fact I cannot make that plugin work at all which is upsetting as a recommendation to switch to it.)

And I would say the one programming Mario Maker 2 OCR should make a solution that works, but I think he has abandoned the internet and is not updating anything. So this leaves me in a bind. I am being forced to use an old and ever further outdated version of OBS which will slowly step-by-step lose support and addons.

Please for the love of god can someone that knows what they are doing update this addon for us to use who need it.
Please, please, please update this for version 28. Please? I use multiple virtual camera outputs to send sources to Resolume. Exeldro's plugin only supports one. My process is completely broken without this plugin. Love ya Fenrir.
It worked Great till it lasted. OBS 28 Breaks its usage.
I really want the developer to work on the update's compatibility as this was the only way for us to get multiple outputs as virtual camera.
I know he dont want to, but I beg him to please dont let it die.
This doesn't seem to work with OBS 28 - it is not recognised. Could be because OBS 28 has moved to QT 6?
Fenrir
Fenrir
This plugin will not be updated. I have added a note to the description with a link to the filter plugin from Exeldro if that is something people need.
Is working! <3 This plugin have also an option for horizontal flipping which original OBS don't have :P
I much prefer using this over the offical implementation, hope this stays updated.
Despite official virtual camera support, I still use the VirtualCam Filter in order to participate in group stream sessions.

I would like to lobby for official virtual camera filter support.
Plugin worls with zoom, yitsi, bbb. But when i try to use this plugin or the build in virtual webcam with Adobe Connect it doesn't work. :-(
When I use WhatsApp for meetings,WhatsApp does not recognize this camera(there is only one system camera).Does this require some information to be registered in the registry or how do I do it
Plugin works excellently. For others that are looking at using this plugin, when you use this plugin it will draw extra power from whatever source you are using. In my use case I had 2 elgato cam links linked up with a dual streaming PC setup. For some reason the plugin made the source itself crash everytime I pressed a windows button (once the virtual cams were running) or whenever I pressed start everything would crash or go black.
I solved this issue by using 1 elgato cam link and 1 elgato 4K60S+. The 4K60S+ has a dedicated power supply that caused my motherboard to have some extra juice and now everything is running fine. If this plugin makes your camera crash , disables it entirely or you are having trouble, there is a very high chance the motherboard cannot draw enough power from the device. This plugin is not for laptops, or like my case a Mini-ITX motherboard.
Lowering the resolution (which will also lower power consumption) will be a workaround to get things working but in my case I needed quality as well.
If you have an external camera, consider buying a USB 3.0 hub WITH A DEDICATED POWER SUPPLY (not just USB). This will most probably solve your issue. If you have an internal camera then try lowering your resolution if you don't care about quality. Otherwise it is time to upgrade.
There is only so much software can do, hardware needs to be working to. 3 hours of debugging later will hopefully help others as well.
Not working but you don't need to use it anymore.
Simply click the "Start Virtual Camera" button in OBS
I'm not sure how I downloaded this, but it has stopped me from using the camera during my Google Meet sessions for that last 3 months. Everything I've tried, including uninstalling OBS and deleting any registry keys I could find still does not fix the problems this add-on creates.

3 months worth of problems! Hours and hours of attempted and failed fixes! I'm frustrated to the point that I'm ready to start reporting this add-on as malware in the hopes that Google or some other company will help me find a fix.
Unfortunately it just doesn't work. I wish I could like it but when you go to download you continually get an error that doesn't allow the download to actually complete.
Ran as admin, tried more than once, it just doesn't work.
Unfortunately it crashes Firefox when enabled on google meet but on other browsers it works just fine.
it was good until i kept getting an error saying failed to input pls fix
Excelente para trasmitir en Zoom
THIS IS AMAZING!!! SO GLAD THERE'S A VERSION FOR MacOS!
It's also very easy to use! The only thing is that all my logos and graphics are mirrored....but that's a super simple fix!
Been working reliably for a couple of months. Great tool, thank you!
This is obviously a must have plugins. Most of the computers now have a basic webcam. But with DSLR and IP webcam software we can make our obs output as casual webcam. This thing is really awesome.