Resource icon

OBS Lua OBS - Pushover Notifications 1.0.0

OBS-Pushover
Pushover notifications triggered by events in OBS Studio

This is very useful for anyone like me that runs OBS Studio on a headless machine and can't see whether commands sent to OBS through websockets from my PC successfully triggered events.

Requirements
You need to have a Pushover account

https://pushover.net/

Installation
  1. Download the zip file
  2. Extract the files from the zip file into a location where it can remain
  3. In OBS, go to "Tools" -> "Scripts"
  4. Click the "+" icon and select the "obs_pushover.lua" file
  5. Select the script under 'Loaded scripts'
  6. From your Pushover account, copy "Your User Key" into the "User Key" field
pushover_userKey

1. From your Pushover account, create an "Application/API Token" and copy the app's "API Token/Key" into the "App API Token" field
pushover_appToken

1. Enable the check boxes for the events you want to receive notifications for
  2. Optionally fill in the priority, sound and device field for notification customization

Examples setup:

pushover_setup

Notes
Using the sound name on the left without spaces and in lowercase.

pushover_sound

• Priority: Send as -2 to generate no notification/alert, -1 to always send as a quiet notification, 1 to display as high-priority and bypass the user's quiet hours, or 2 to also require confirmation from the user.
  • The Retry parameter specifies how often (in seconds) the Pushover servers will send the same notification to the user. This parameter must have a value of at least 30 seconds between retries.
  • The Expire parameter specifies how many seconds your notification will continue to be retried for (every retry seconds). This parameter must have a maximum value of at most 10800 seconds (3 hours).
  • If Priority is set to 2, by default Retry will be set to 30 seconds
  • When notifications are enabled for Studio Mode and Scene Change, OBS triggers two scene change events when disabling Studio Mode which does send two Pushover notification.

Disclaimer
I am not a developer by profession. I usually just code things for personal use. I've never worked with LUA before. If there are issues, I'll do my best to assist.
Author
b1scu17
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings