This plugin uses the top-right quadrant of the thing it's applied to as a mask for the top-left quadrant.
- Supported Bit Versions:
- Minimum OBS Studio Version:
- Supported Platforms:
- Mac OS X
Specifically useful when doing mixed-reality content with Steam/OpenVR and a third controller (simulated or otherwise).
Works with any resolution source.
- There currently exists a bug in OBS Studio that creates black fringing on cropped sources.
Workaround: Don't crop the filtered foreground quadrant, instead create a new scene and composite your camera, foreground, and background there. You can then use this scene as a source.
- Navigate to OBS's program files folder.
- Navigate: data > obs-plugins > obs-filters
- Take a backup of "blend_sub_filter.effect"
- Replace "blend_sub_filter.effect" with the one that you downloaded.
- Select the "Image Mask/Blend" filter and set it to "Subtract".
- Select any image (it is not used in the filter, but is necessary for it to work)
- Navigate back to the filters folder.
- Restore the backup that you totally took because you're responsible.