MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Hello there - I've set this all up but having trouble assigning a function to the key.

The program recognises the key from my MIDI keyboard and if I save it without a function it appears in the list - but when I choose to add a function - for example 'Switch scene' I am unable to add it. Nothing happens when I press Add

My scenes don't appear in the dropdown either? Is this right or should I just write the name of the scene?

Apologies for the confusion on my part - this setup looks so slick but I'm just stuck a bit
Awesome utility here. Had an old MIDI Fighter 3D that was collecting dust, and came across this utility for streaming. Works flawlessly for me, except for one thing but I'm not sure if I'm just misunderstanding the tool or if the feature isn't implemented yet.

For hotkeys, I'm only seeing "Main Switch, Lower Third #1, Load Slot #1 on LT #1, etc.". I'm wanting to be able to trigger the Instant Replay hotkey, and some other regular hotkeys in OBS but they aren't listed clearly in MIDI Control. Am I missing something?
It woeks as expected but I have a question. How do the drop-down and save/delete buttons work? Where is this list saved? Ive made several key bindings and they are automatically saved and will be recalled when I restart the program but I cant figure out how to save a 2nd set of bindings and save those as an individual unique list.

I recommended this to a friend and they said that they lost all of their bindings after restart. I dont know how they did this. They said they didnt hit any of the "(-)" buttons which would remove a binding. I couldnt find a place where these entries were stored.

Excellent job on getting this to work but some documentation might be helpful.
Etuldan
Etuldan
You need to save (to the current set) after each keybind modification.
If you wanna add a new set, just type the name (in the dropdown), add binds, and save !
This program has a ton of bells and whistles, overall I have used it for a few months and it nails all the functions I used,
-Doesn't handle handshaking when other programs use the midi, (default midi ports plug and play only allows one program per input/output.
-Has twitch chat integration
-Hooks in to all basic obs triggerables, mute toggle, transitions, volume sliders, audio and video filters
-twitch integration requires fiddling the username case. sometimes requires capitalization, sometimes doesn't (not sure if it's just the way the api handles it)
-uses websocket and is simple to setup
Best midi control for OBS i've tested so far!

But still several issues though:
-Very easy to accidentally delete bindings, or even the whole configuration (With just one wrong click!)
-Unclear when Configuration is saved (I regularly lost all changes after closing).
-Led feedback does not follow websocket updates when controls are changed from OBS!
-Led feedback does not update on startup or config change.
-Strange behaviour when i.e. mutes are controlled from multiple bindings.
-No virtual camera controls.
-MIDIcontrol window does not hide/minimize/restore as expected (strange behaviour).
-Fader controls do not synchronize, (they realy should not change current value until nearly the same current OBS value)

And it would be nice to be able to configure the led feedback colors.
Fantastic utility! Could use some tutorial videos but great anyways.
Great utility, we use it with great succes. One feature I would really appreciate is to add a delay to the transition. Now the midi signal is faster than my video signal so you see a the last slide for a few 100ms.
Great tool, can we inclued on the future update an option to trigger hotkey? I use it for a lower thirds plugin here at obs. Thanks a lot men
Etuldan
Etuldan
Thanks for the review ! Trigger Hotkey is the next feature I wanna add (besides bugfixes). I need some investigation on how it work, and it will be probably no dynamic, but I'll try to add at least vanilla (not already covered by classic usage of MIDIControl) and LowerThirds ones.
Excellent tool, thank you so much! However I can't get the MIDI forward to work with LoopMIDI.
I ignored the loopMIDI port but it won't receive any data that I could forward to other apps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Etuldan
Etuldan
The setup should autoconfigure LoopMIDI with 2 virtual devices "MIDIControl Forward IN" and "MIDIControl Forward OUT". If not, you can create them manually on loopMIDI then restart MIDIControl.
awesome job ma man is there any way to make the original launchpad leds to work? would be amazing this is by far one of the best tools
Wow! In my honest opinion this is THE ULTIMATE plugin! It adds so much value to OBS so that it can be operated like a professional Studio. The Dev Etuldan is fast and consistent with updates. A must have for anyone who wants to elevate to the next Level!
Really great plugin, especially since the dev keeps updating it! Maybe a good feature will be to add color's when a button is pressed, so when i for example switch to a scene the buttons gets red or green, i think it could be a simple "On button press" option!
Etuldan
Etuldan
LED is bounded to actions in OBS/Soundboard, and not to keypress (for example, keypress on a button linked to a scene change will enable this LED, and disable all other change scene buttons)
Really good app, been using this since it came out but I personally would believe that this would be much better if it was Open Source,s o the community can add their own contributions and make this program even better than it is right now.

Keep up with the great work, you've come pretty far!
Audio Faders in APCmini keep being erratic with an initial big jump. Going to test the rest.
Etuldan
Etuldan
Initial "big" jump should not be an issue.
-inf dB , -42.1dB and -36.1dB is almost the same : muted
However, it is very important to get high precision for higher values.
For me version 1.6.0.2 is not working properly: keys arren't trigger the OBS scene. Sliders are strange : they follow a Logarithmic run.
Version 1.3.0 work better for me.
Anyway it's a very good project ! Thanks !
Excellent tool, lightweight but powerful.
Setup was only slightly confusing, but I figured it out pretty quick, was instantly blows away at its accuracy and ease. Better than the other plugin I tried which did nothing but slow OBS down to .5fps somehow. But, I unplugged my midi controller and since then I cant get the plugin to respond to it. Still going to try to get it working, might have to do a reinstall but we'll see. Was great when it worked! Only thing I dont like is that you cant change the channel once its set, its uneditable, meaning I have to delete whatever I mapped and re map it. Other than that its 5⭐
Etuldan
Etuldan
If you edit the keybind, and while the edit window opened you press another MIDI key (with a different channel for example), it should work.
Not only does this give us an interface to repeat all MIDI events through a multi-MIDI driver like LoopBe1 but it gives direct control to OBS via websocket which I love.. It's very clean. Honestly this could be expanded into a very capable global MIDI control hub. Great work. One thing I noticed is that the new start/stop/toggle stream record function requires a double message to activate in OBS. So in otherwords, I need to press my button twice to either stop or start recording function. Not sure if others are having this issue. I don't have any such issues with mute toggle, etc...
Works very well! I've tried all of the other midi plugins for obs and this works the easiest and best. Thanks.
I still need to use another program (MidiKey2Key) to activate computer keyboard "hotkeys" using midi. If this plugin had a way to either send a computer keystroke combination or even better, enable access to the same list of hotkeys dynamically listed in OBS, that would enable it to trigger all OBS functions and 3rd party plugins like ReplaySource, for example which control Speed, Direction, or any of the other controls available in this or other plugins that show up in OBS's dynamic hotkey-list.

One other possibly more complicated enhancement might be to enable midi SysEx messages to be captured as well. Right now, I use BOME midi translator to receive SysEx and then convert to midi CC messages to send to this plugin...
Etuldan
Etuldan
A MIDI to Keystroke feature could be a good idea indeed.

About SysEx, MIDIControl uses NAudio lib to intercept MIDI Event.
As stated here https://github.com/naudio/NAudio/issues/186 , there is no plan to receive SysEx. And I don't plan to switch from NAudio lib to another one.
Great so far, would be great to start and stop streaming and recording, otherwise its the best.
Etuldan
Etuldan
With current updated version, you can ! Enjoy :)