Resource icon

Free Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP 1.2.4

This is a little something I have been working on for the last 6 months or so. I'd like to welcome you to Broadcaster OS!

This distro I put together has some tools I thought might be helpful to your game streamer and streaming for other purposes as well. It still has some bugs I am working out but I thought this might be a good contribution to the community. This distro is Ubuntu base, I will make another that is rpm based in the future.

The following important tools and applications are installed:
-OBS 0.12.2 (from PPA)
-Nginx with RTMP (compiled from source and Aruts RTMP module)
-Hexchat for IRC
-Steam
-Google Chrome (Twitch alerts runs from a *.crx file now)
-FireFox
-Kodi Media Center

The default desktop environment is Cinnamon, with options for XFCE and Kodi.

Keep in mind this is a very rough idea of what I am trying to put together, if you have any suggestions feel free to comment, I am always open to suggestions!

Brodacast-OS 1.2.1 Download
  • Removed XFCE
  • Changed Icon theme (To clean up appearance)
  • Latest update to Ubuntu Base
I forgot to add instructions:

When you boot the live CD, you must login to the Guest Session and go into the menu to install. I am working on getting that fixed hopefully in a later update that will be fixed!

Broadcast-OS 1.2.3
  • Baselined nginx.conf file so it's easier to know where to place rtmp directive
  • Added emulators of various types
Note: I am still waiting on the OBS 0.12.4 commit so there should be a subsequent update afterwards when that happens. I am also looking to get a repo setup so this distro can keep rolling and I want to fork it from ubuntu. When I start getting reviews from this I will being work on the rpm based version of my distro.
Reactions: DarkXoa and DexS
Author
GillyMoMo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest updates

1. Broadcast OS 1.2.4

Just some minor updates with nginx still installed. Plan on making some major updates (hopefully...
  2. Another Minor update

Broadcast-OS 1.2.3 Baselined nginx.conf file so it's easier to know where to place rtmp...
  3. Minor Changes

Minor changes Removed XFCE Changed Icon theme (To clean up appearance) Latest update to Ubuntu...

Latest reviews

Great job bro i'll try it