Resource icon

(Legacy) Linux Browser

Supported Bit Versions
  1. 32-bit
  2. 64-bit
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Linux
Good news! Starting with version 25, OBS Studio ships with browser source that work on Linux. I recommend you to use that and report any issues at obs-browser repo and/or official discord community.

----------

CEF-based browser source for Linux.

obs-linuxbrowser.png

Features:
  • Local files
  • Custom css
  • Flash plugin support
  • Interactivity support
Installation:

I provide 64bit binary releases on github releases page. If you use obs 16.0.2, make sure to download appropriate archive.
Extract archive contents to $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins.

Build instructions can be found here.

Flash:

In order to activate flash, you'll need to provide path to flash pepper plugin and its version. If you have google chrome installed, you can find that information by opening chrome://plugins/ page.

Known issues:
  • No mp3 support - unfortunately cef does not provide binary releases with mp3 support enabled, you'd have to build it yourself if you need that
  • No sound in Streamlabs Alertbox - you'll need to either turn on mp3 support or flash
  • For the transparency to work, restart browser after loading transparent page
  • obs-linuxbrowser.png
    obs-linuxbrowser.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 5,755
Reactions: tiberinha
Author
bazukas
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

Latest reviews

Works great, thanks!
Thanks for this amazing plugin, version 0.5.2 confirmed working with OBS-studio 22.02 (Self compiled with NVENC) on Ubuntu 14.04, Chrome no longer shows plugins, I found the Flash-player in /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
Awesome plugin that does the job very well :-)
Replaced the qtwebkit plugin with this, works like a charm!
Great! You can open local files with it (pdf) and web pages and even interact with them. However, it would be nice if interact part was a little bit more practical. (I use Ubuntu.)
Works fine for me (Arch Linux).