Everything appears to work, but the I have to call the overall experience quite dysfunctional. Documentation is poor, leaves out large portions of information that the programmer seems to think is "too obvious" to tell us (or something, I'm guessing. Point is there's steps missing). Best to start with the presets and reverse engineer them to make your controller work (assuming of course that one of the presets doesn't suit your needs simply as-is).

Didn't play well with my retro controller. I used JoyToKey to remap it to different keyboard keys and set the overlay map as a keyboard overlay with the retro controller images. Speaking of which, the background image, the base controller, can't be included in either the OBS plugin or the (more importantly) the provided web tool to generate the .json file for your controller, for what reason I have yet to fathom. You just have to guess where the controller buttons should land and push them a few pixels at a time this way, a few more that way, until they sit properly on the base image. The image swap on the button presses is also a lot more cryptic than it needs to be. He's got this 3 pixel gap thing going on that seems to work fine in the videos but somehow it doesn't work that way when setting up your own controllers.

[sigh] ... all that said... if you can get through all those roadblocks, or, if one of the presets suits your needs, it appears to work just fine. I am satisfied with the final result, at least. It has not broken so far... knock on wood.
I'm very happy to use the software you've created.
We also hope to add a Fight stick user interface.
It's really not clear on where to put the file in

and the videos are in russian
univrsal
univrsal
The only Russian videos are the ones labeled "Russian", so I hope that didn't surprise you. There's also an English version right above those.
The plugin is not compatible with Linux(Mint/Ubuntu) Libuiohook cannot be compiled as 'xt' is not available even after installing xen-tools
univrsal
univrsal
It should be, have you tried using my precompiled version? Also I can't support every single distribution out of the box, I can however help you get it to work
It's precisely what it needs to be and does it well. with the advent of its io_client, it's perfect for any stream set-up. it is fully customizable and works cleanly. The only con is that it is not for the plug-n'-play user (hopefully not too many on here for this to apply).
I like this plugin. Need more templates :D
Users that are experiencing issues finding the input overlay source are not on the most recent update of OBS Studio (Windows10.) reproduced the issue with a VM. Users who do not understand the setup are likely not downloading the file zips, as the installer does not install the preset images or understand how to create their own in the config creator (whatever an uber-1337 coder is.) All in all, a well made tool and I appreciate your dedicated work. For people with issues - you can attempt a lesser refined tool called inputmapper, but if you can't work this, good luck with that.
I am in Ubuntu 20.04 and OBS 27+ Everything works fine except Right Click shows wheel. Any help...
Excellent plugin. Highly customizable, ini files were relatively easy for me to understand, and overall a very good overlay. I occasionally run into a minor issue where one of the keys would randomly get stuck into a 'Pressed' state until I press that key again. It happens often, but not too much as to be a real nuisance (though I could see it as a problem for full QWERTY layouts).
Does the job and performs well. Thanks for this!
Only the mouse and keyboard work for me, not the gamepad and by the way I like your universallp plugins
univrsal
univrsal
Yeah there are some issues with gamepads. A few work (mine does) but I'm looking into using a more reliable library for gamepad input
10/10 Best plugin ever, stop reading this review and download it right now.
it was difficult to put it on but the result is extraordinary!
Cool plugin! It's not hard to create your own layout.
time ago I got this plugin ... and had a template that included numbers.
Why not include that template?

https://imgur.com/tyfV5sE
univrsal
univrsal
That preset is still here, it's called wasd-extended-numeric: https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/tree/legacy/presets/submitted
For some reason the arrow keys dont work but otherwize pretty good
I really like your plugin. I suggest adding in the config text file wich one modify the texture file or how the overlay will be placed. I figured it out easy tho.

I'm currently making my own keyboard one with a retro style but, some of my keys are not perfectly 3 time width like the spacebar. Is the size multiplier float? Can we use decimal number for the size multiplier?
Example:
1_key_width=1.5

I plan on posting my retro keyboard style here when done.
univrsal
univrsal
No the width can only be a whole number
Absolutely amazing plugins :)
Danke das Du es weiter entwickelst
This is a great program...