Input overlay plugin based on HTML

Supported Bit Versions
  1. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/Zergatul/Zergatul.Obs.InputOverlay
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
Input Overlay can display inputs from keyboard/mouse over your game for streaming or recording.

How it works
You start separate application, and it acts like server. It catches your inputs and sends it via websocket protocol. In OBS you add Browser source, it connects to the server app and displays your inputs. Browser source displays HTML page which is included as separate file with executable. You can customize settings by editing selected file. You can also create your own files.

Download/Documentation
OBS forum doesn't allow to upload big files. Go to github page and download latest release. You can also find documentation in the main README file.

Features
  • Keyboard/mouse support
  • Gamepads support with 2 API (XInput and Raw Input), multiple gamepads support
  • Dual PC setup support (you can even have input overlay from someone on the internet)
  • Customizable colors and other settings (open html files in text editor you plan to use)
  • If you are familiar with SVG editing software, you can customize mouse/gamepad visual representation
  • If you are good with HTML/CSS/SVG/JavaScript customizations are only limited by your imagination

Example
Author
Zergatul
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

Latest updates

1. Version 2.2.0

Added gamepads support. Example below. For more documentation visit github page...
  2. Version 2.0.1

Added support for mouse movements. 3 examples added: Mouse movement circle indicator Mouse...

Latest reviews

Seems like it's a great work behind.
How can I make it work on my dual pc setup? I am kind of a noob into such topics...
After trying a couple of the other popular input overlays I stumbled onto this and was blown away by how easy it is to set up, run, and (most importantly) edit and reconfigure.
Works great, looks great, author was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend checking this out.
Awesome! I kind of wish there was a directory I could use so I can change the texture and layout.
Zergatul
Zergatul
You can modify existing files, lets say you modified layout keyboard.html, saved it as keyboard2.html. Now you can use browser source and point it to http://localhost:5001/keyboard2.html