CurrentSong

Free CurrentSong 1.3.6

header.png

CurrentSong is a Firefox extension that writes the current playing song from popular music sites to a text file and a XML file. The text file can be used with OBS, XSplit or similar software to display the song information in an overlay. The XML file can be used to add animations to your overlay.

CurrentSong is very lightweight and non-intrusive: once you install and configure it, you can leave it and forget it. CurrentSong will not add any icons or menus to your browser and it will start working automatically when you start Firefox and go to one of the supported websites.

CurrentSong works under Windows, Mac and Linux.

To view the source code visit the GitHub page.

Supported sites
CurrentSong is in its early stages, support for more music sites will be added. If you want support for a specific site, please contact me.

Installation
  1. Download CurrentSong latest packed version from the link on the top of this page.
  2. If you are running Firefox a dialog should appear asking you to allow the installation, click on Allow and then on Install Now. If the dialog does not appear, follow this steps:
    1. Open Firefox and go to the Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A).
    2. Click on the gear icon > Install Add-on From File...
    3. Brose to the Add-on file you downloaded in step 1 and click Open.
    4. Click Install Now.
  3. Important: Set the folder where the song info will be saved (see Configuration).
  4. If you find CurrentSong useful consider leaving a rating/comment.
You can download previous releases from here.

Development version
You can download the most up to date unpacked version (source code) clicking here, you can also download the unpacked version of previous releases.

To be able to use the unpacked version you will need the Mozilla Add-on SDK.

Configuration
To open CurrentSong's configuration follow this steps:
  1. Open Firefox and go to the Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A).
  2. Find CurrentSong in the extensions list and click the Preferences button.
The text and XML files will be saved in Folder with names song.txt and song.xml, respectively.

Support/Contact
If you ...
  • Run into any problems installing/configuring CurrentSong
  • Encounter a bug where you think the extension isn't working correctly
  • Have any suggestions or comments
  • Or simply feel like saying hi
Feel free to shoot me an email or post on the issues section.

Some people have asked for a link to be able to donate, so here it is. Although I really appreciate all donations, sharing and rating CurrentSong is enough to make my day.

License
Released under the MIT License.
Reactions: divineinfect
Author
Termifire
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

Latest updates

1. v1.3.6

Fix soundcloud.com Fix di.fm
  2. v1.3.5

Added support for YouTube Material Design UI Added support for monstercat.com
  3. v1.3.4

Added support for open.spotify.com

Latest reviews

Good programm for stteams!
TY for this!!! But can you support the Yandex browser? Yandex Browser is based on Blink, Chromium, Opera Turbo and other software.
It is perfect! I use youtube for my music as I have youtube red and always use the Music app on my phone. This helps so much.

since most youtube music videos tend to have wierd titles with no similar layout to others the fact I can edit it all with the %song% commands really helps. Thank you so much.
works great. you're gonna have to go into your about:config and change "xpinstall,signatures.required" to false to even use the install link, but everthing works swimmingly.
Works perfectly. The creator was really quick on fixing the trouble I had.
nice