I sponsored Roy Shilkrot today with a few $. Won't make a difference in his life, maybe keeps the Fish in his Aquarium happy for a few month. However, I appreciate the work and as such it should be valued. Unfortunately I am not able to do the same for everyone.
Looks pretty good and does an ok job.
However, my CPU usage skyrockets to 90% and my whole PC is throttling, which makes it impossible to stream video games.
This plugin would be awesome if this issue got fixed.
Hi there. Works pretty well for me. Can confirm the CPU usage, but not a real issue imo.
However I'm struggling with one thing: Since it's a video filter, I can only apply it directly to the camera source. This means once I've applied it, it's applied to all the copies of the camera source too. Since I would like to use the camera in another scene, but without the background removal, I'm running into an issue here. Applying the filter to a group or a scene doesn't work, since that only allows for effect filters. Do you have any suggestion on how to bypass this? Thank you very much!
It works but there are some points that should be fixed.
1. On a low end machine with 6GB ramit destroys the stream, it is laggy
2. On my High end machine (i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GH with 16GB) the touchpad stops responding in OBS. I am running windows 11. When using a normal mouse it wil work
It works goot, but it's not usable. The CPU (Intel I9-9900K) rises from around 2% to around 40%. The rendering time rises from 0,7-1ms to arond 130ms and the FPS dropping from 60fps to around 7-8fps.
The result with this plug is fine, but with an fps drop from 60fps to around 7-8fps means, that it is not usable acually.
There might be room for improvement (e.g. CPU load). I used MS Teams Meeting to create green background and captured screen with Chroma Key filter. This workaround consumed more resources and the result was only slightly better.
=>it might not be perfect but it's almost on the level of the feature from Microsoft -> clearly Excellent:)
1. I don't know how, but most Video meeting Software does it better (Developers here wont have a professional Budget and Team - I am just objective). "Xsplit Vcam" in the free model has better BG removal, but it is limited to 720p and has a very present watermark.
2. with activated BG Removal, my CPU monitor inside OBS raises from 9% to 63% with "calculate mask every" 1 Frame, or 54% with every second frame.
3. Also, my webcam seems to loose FPS if BG Removal is activated.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping me break my dependence on ChromaCam and their 30fps limit...
Grabbed a logitech brio and the logitech litra glow and the background removal works fantastic.
I will say that in low-light situations the background removal will struggle. But that is going to be the same for any virtual background... Do yourself a favor, grab a diffused light source and help your camera out... you'll be surprised at the difference it makes.
I live in an apartment in queens and a physical green screen is not an option. Thank you royshilkrot, and also, f*ck chromacam...