Resource icon

Desert Kharon IRC Plugin 1.0

The OBS folder would be great. The folder where the exe is in, with all the plugins. Just how you have installed it all. Simply the OBS folder, zip & done :).

You can send it to (removed, I got the package)

Thank you very much.

Ok, Solaris17. I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the bug.

When I start your version of OBS I can add my plugin without any problem. It's showing up and I can configure it. Even with the flag "-portable".

It might sound dumb, but as I've seen a few times in my company, reinstalling .NET 4 might help.

You can try to:
  1. Uninstall .NET 4 / .NET 4.5
  2. Reboot.
  3. Download & Install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30653 (the file will have the name dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe, I just downloaded it myself)
  4. Reboot.

Tink

I absolutely love this plugin, it's exactly what I needed! It even made me switch from XSplit ;) Anyhoo, while it works flawlessly, I just have a few minor feature requests for styling:

• Add an option to set line-height
  • Add an option to set a text-shadow instead of just the outline
  • Add an option to give a line a background with transparency settings

I'd also be fine with just the ability to apply CSS to it, though :) But I suppose that'd be harder for you to implement?

Nonetheless, keep up the good work!

Skymirrh

Excellent plugin, thank you very much :)
I do have one suggestion that may be of interest: offer possibility to choose different scrolling methods.

As of now, the first message will go to the bottom of the source box, and be gradually pushed to the top by newer messages appearing at the bottom. This behavior is perfect if you display the chat at the bottom of the stream.

My suggestion would be to let the user choose to have the first message appear at the top of the source box, and then have the newer messages appear beneath that first message. This would be perfect for people who'd like to display the chat at the top of the stream.

I think it could be useful (I would use it :D).

Icewave

sickbattery said:
New test build! I hope it'll ensure correct twitch.tv settings.

Edit:
Thanks Icewave for helping me with this. I always thought it had something to do with a wrong CLR Host version or just some .NET problem because there was no Exception thrown ... I just didn't know where to start searching. The bug would probably still exist if you didn't post.

I just verified with my brother that the bug has been fixed (on his machine), it didn't work on his neither, but ... he doesn't keep his machin up to date so ... I don't know, I always gave his machine the fault :D ...

Edit again ...
IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you hat the problem with no messages showing up: You have to open up the config window and click OK to overwrite what was in your config before.

No no sickbattery thank you for helping us out with this cool plugin.

Anyway, now that this is out of the way we can all focus on adding other stuff.

For now, an idea of mine would be to have people chime in for presets that they use for their streams if they feel like,
regarding colors and text sizes etc, it'll make other people's jobs easier. Your mileage may vary.

Yes, I did cap the first letter of my twitch username, had no idea this would mess with it haha.

Also another review on installing the plugin- Extract the files, and depending on your os, put the DLL's in your CLRhostplugin folder, just leave em there, and obs should analyse the files.

Also, download the mumble overlay plugin on the same page (That, or the CLRbrowserplugin see if that helps.), for some reason I think it might fix the problem. Or at least it did when I double checked the plugins were installed correctly.

Anyway, it works for me now, gonna have to do some serious tinkering to get the settings I like though.

Much appreciated sickbattery.

EDIT: By the way, for those of you who want to play with and enlarge the font, make sure that you get rid of the time and
other details that you may not need for the chat, otherwise the text will become all boxed in, instead of fully horizontal.
Just try to save space and have it as wide as necessary. Recommend trying out a font of 24 and a thickness of 3 possibly.

I have the text at a corner so, it doesn't need to be very large, just readable. Suggestions for fonts here would also be appreciated, as some fonts are more readable than others.

EDIT 2: Was tinkering around with it some more, and decided that I didn't like the appearance of how the nick msg seperator is displayed.
If you guys want to display it differently, try using different characters, for example, the default will show up as

[Name : Text ] If you want to change this to something else, you might be able to try using a dash, or something?

I played around and I think using a bracket is best. Saves space and looks neat | or >. Both good to use imo.

Maybe that's just something aesthetic, you may even be able to hide it via some elaborate color background tricks.
A suggestion would be to color the name bracket by itself for aesthetic purposes. Possibly add in this feature later.

Here is a treat for those that read this- my setup- Res= 230x300 Multi line, Arial 24 reg, Font color white, outline black, thickness 3. Everything else up to you, perhaps have preferences on fade in's and outs? The text here is used for a very small portion near the corner of the stream, so if you are streaming some sort of gameplay and you want a somewhat high res, please try to use and adjust this, as the text is clear, but your mileage may vary depending on colors used and backgrounds.

This plugin is going to make Xsplit look very very bad.

Another oddity I found is that the IRC seems to filter impoverished language. Curse words are blacklisted with stars.
Any way to edit this to show these words? It may come up sooner or later, but then the filter does make the stream look better, it should be optional though.

Then again, here's an idea, make a version for Xsplit and make money off it! Charge a monthly version, go OBS or go home.

First of all: Thank you for your suggestions :). And I'm gad it's working for you Icewave.

Tink said:
  • Add an option to give a line a background with transparency settings

I'd also be fine with just the ability to apply CSS to it, though :) But I suppose that'd be harder for you to implement?

You mean transparent outlines, right?
Sorry, CSS will probably not happen :).

For all your suggestions I've created tickets on codeplex. If you like then go and vote for what is important to you.
Tickets at Codeplex

I'll consider to implement features faster if they get voted, otherwise I'll just do whatever I feel like doing next :).
Transparency for all colors (requested as outline transparency) sounds easy and fast ... I'll try that for now, as it sounds like a relaxing feature :). I just hope that the default ColorDialog allows transparency, but I guess it doesn't :/ ...

Edit:
It was less fun then I thought :D ... but transparency for outline is now implemented. Test Build 5 will be available at the end of the week.

Tink

Ooh you work fast! :D I added an attachment to show what I meant:

Hope we were on the same page :)

Attachments

• example.png
    169 KB · Views: 36

Icewave

Tink said:
Ooh you work fast! :D I added an attachment to show what I meant:

Hope we were on the same page :)

This was a great add tink, thanks for the contribution!

I was actually thinking about this as well.

drunkkidsgaming

I don't know if this is possible but if it is it would be just the perfect thing ever to somehow have the plugin interpret twitch face name codes and insert the corresponding twitch face. I've gone back and forth between using irc with a chroma'd background to custom CSS of the chat window to chroma out the background and this is by far the BEST looking option ever but my chat still misses the faces.

Oh also, slightly easier possible addition, pulling in the colors of peoples chat names, or worst case, randomizing the users chat name colors, I know it probably seems stupid but for some reason I and my chat like having different name colors instead of one big wall of white text and one other color on the name.

xiuide

drunkkidsgaming said:
I don't know if this is possible but if it is it would be just the perfect thing ever to somehow have the plugin interpret twitch face name codes and insert the corresponding twitch face. I've gone back and forth between using irc with a chroma'd background to custom CSS of the chat window to chroma out the background and this is by far the BEST looking option ever but my chat still misses the faces.

Oh also, slightly easier possible addition, pulling in the colors of peoples chat names, or worst case, randomizing the users chat name colors, I know it probably seems stupid but for some reason I and my chat like having different name colors instead of one big wall of white text and one other color on the name.

Ill just go ahead and leave this here
http://twitchemotes.com/apidocs

and these as well
https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/108
https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/ ... ter/IRC.md

XD

Thank you all again for your suggestions :).

I already thought about adding the emote icons and nickname colors and I'll have to think about what to do first of all the features you suggested ... I want to bundle features that somehow need the same source code and I'll first have to rewrite or change a few things.

I'll release version 1.0 today and your features will be in version 2.0. I'm just making a cut with 1.0 while having something working. Version 2.0 will probably break compatibility with V1.0 configurations, there is something that I'd like to change.

Edit:
I didn't forget the background feature :). It's on codeplex with all the other features.

Tink

LOVE the new colorpicker! Great job, sickbattery :)

I second the requests for Twitch emotes and username colors by the way ^^

Icewave

Tink said:
LOVE the new colorpicker! Great job, sickbattery :)

I second the requests for Twitch emotes and username colors by the way ^^

Username colors would be good. Twitch emotes meh..

Anything else you guys got for ideas?

serfma

So I just installed this once again, tried using it, but OBS crashes the moment I go to preview my stream. :/ I've got the latest CLR plugin. There WAS an OBS update today before I installed this, maybe it could be the reason? :P

EDIT: This does not appear to be your plugin. I apologize. I had a feeling that it MAY not be, so I wiped OBS and started from scratch and everything seems to be good to go. :)

addesrl

Hey, I got this plugin to work on my laptop (Win8) but I can't seem to get it to work on my desktop (Win7).
I have installed the CLRHostPlugin and put the DesertKharonIrc in that folder.
Log:
Code:
15:52:39: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
15:52:39: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
15:52:39: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
15:52:39: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
15:52:39: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x8007007e
15:52:40: Failed to initialize plugin plugins/DesertKharonIrcPlugin.dll
15:52:45: CLR host plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings

I tried re-installing .NET framework 4.5 and then restarting with no success.
Thankful for help

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Just a quick sanity check, make sure everything is in the right place.

- CLRHostPlugin.dll and the CLRHostPlugin folder go in OBS\plugins
- DesertKharonIrcPlugin.dll and the DesertKharonIrc folder go in OBS\plugins\CLRHostPlugin
- If Meebey.SmartIrc4net.dll and/or StarkSoftProxy.dll are still present in the OBS\plugins\CLRHostPlugin folder, delete them