Bug Report [solved] High Ping when streaming with OBS

recon

I'm getting highping everywhere (Ingame, Teamspeak, etc) when I stream with OBS.
Getting around 100-200ms more and sometimes up to +500ms.
I tried streaming with other streaming apps at higher settings and had no issue at all (Bitrate ~4000-4500). It only happens when I stream with OBS. It's not possible for me to stream with it. Also tried bitrate 2000 and the same thing happens.

Living in Europe (germany).
2366863091.png

Log:
Code:
Open Broadcaster Software v0.461a - 64bit ( ^ω^)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU Speed: 3400MHz
Physical Memory:  6032MB Total, 3108MB Free
stepping id: 9, model 10, family 6, type 0, extmodel 1, extfamily 0, HTT 1, logical cores 4, total cores 4
Windows Version: 6.1 Build 7601 S
Aero is Disabled
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
  Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
  Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 1061793792
  Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 2894540800
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
  Multithreaded optimizations: On
  Base resolution: 1920x1080
  Output resolution: 1920x1080
Loading up D3D10...
Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 128
Using Monitor Capture
Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 30
    width: 1920, height: 1080
    preset: veryfast
    CBR: no
    max bitrate: 3000
    buffer size: 3000
    quality: 5
bufferTime: 2053, outputRateWindowTime: 1000, dropThreshold: 2553
Total frames rendered: 8566, number of frames that lagged: 95 (1.11%) (it's okay for some frames to lag)
RTMPPublisher::SocketLoop: Aborting due to bStopping
Number of b-frames dropped: 0 (0%), Number of p-frames dropped: 0 (0%), Total 0 (0%)
=====Stream End=======================================================================

Profiler results:

==============================================================
frame - [100%] [avg time: 16.577 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 87.9%] [unaccounted: 12.1%]
| scene->Preprocess - [47.4%] [avg time: 7.86 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1]
| video encoding and uploading - [40.4%] [avg time: 6.703 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 18%] [unaccounted: 22.4%]
| | CopyResource - [0.501%] [avg time: 0.083 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | conversion to 4:2:0 - [0.0362%] [avg time: 0.006 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | call to encoder - [17.4%] [avg time: 2.89 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | sending stuff out - [0.0724%] [avg time: 0.012 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
==============================================================

Smoshi

Re: High Ping when streaming with OBS

I had the same problem with another game called Bloodline Champions. I would get very high ms, and packet loss. Solved the problem in a couple minutes by lowering the stream FPS from 60 down to 30. It's worth a try.

recon

Thanks but you should look into my logs ;)
I'm streaming at 30FPS.

Rapyer

try enabling chimney offload for your network card, that should take processing of network off the cpu

tcp optimizer has that option, also enable it in network card properties

recon

Why should I change anything on my network settings when I can stream fine with every software except OBS?
That really makes no sense at all. And I'm for sure not installing TCP Optimizer... That's no solution.

recon

Alright, just for showing you that it will not fix the problem:
Did "netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled" in cmd and restarted my comp.
"netsh interface tcp show global" says that it is now enabled.
Tried to stream and the same ping issue as before.

Edit:
I also disabled it and still the same... Put it back on automatically

recon

Next issue:
I set my bitrate and buffer to 4000 (which should be now the MAX bitrate which the programm is using).
Turned on the stream and started my game. OBS now consumes up to 4900 instead of 4000 !
That makes my ping much worse than before.

So I can't stream at any bitrate without highpings... Everytime another issue. Great thing -.-

Krazy

Town drunk

Spiking like that is normal, it's how VBR works. You need to keep lowering the bitrate in increments until the network congestion and ping issues stop.

recon

As I said it also doesn't work at lower bitrates (2000-3000)... You can't tell me that it spikes from 2k to 5k.
I'm getting highpings without reaching my bandwidth limit.

Smoshi

I'm really not sure if this is going to help your situation or not, but speedtest isn't that great at giving accurate readings. I know my ISP has some power boost feature that shows me 4.5mbps upload, but really I can only stream at 2.0mbps.

Can you post your log?

To find the log,
Start the run command and search %APPDATA% and navigate to OBS > Logs and copy and paste the most recent log.

recon

For real? The log is in my first post.
My upload is 5Mbit and I'm getting the exact same result on every speedtest or whatever. Believe me, my ISP is not delivering shitty fake 5Mbit.
Plus I can stream fine at 4000 bitrate with other programs. The only problem with them is that I get fps problems.

Smoshi

If all streaming programs were the same, they would only need one. Every software is different.

So... OBS gives you in-game lagg. Other programs give you FPS problems. Interesting.

What are you trying to stream exactly? Because from your log, it shows built in graphics (radeon 5000). This alone could cause fps problems depending on the game you are playing. Plus, doesn't matter what you stream. Streaming will always drop your FPS.

Krazy

Town drunk

Radeon HD 5800 is not built in graphics.

edit: I just noticed that you are using 461. Does the latest stable version also have this issue?

recon

I get that feeling that you Smoshi trying to troll me... Just leave this thread please...
I'm talking about higher pings, not lags. That's a huge difference. Must be really hard for you to read...
Everything is fine and smooth ingame but I get that ping spikes.
Normally I'm playing with ~18ms (constantly)... Turning on stream with OBS gets me 60-300ms.
Also at 3000 bitrate which makes totally no sense.

Edit:
I updated yesterday to the newest version.

Smoshi

recon said:
I get that feeling that you Smoshi trying to troll me... Just leave this thread please...
I'm talking about higher pings, not lags. That's a huge difference. Must be really hard for you to read...
Everything is fine and smooth ingame but I get that ping spikes.
Normally I'm playing with ~18ms (constantly)... Turning on stream with OBS gets me 60-300ms.
Also at 3000 bitrate which makes totally no sense.

Edit:
I updated yesterday to the newest version.

Not trolling. I am trying to help you figure out your problem. I may not be as experienced as some users, but I still try :(

Krazy

Town drunk

Smoshi said:
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Unless you show me documentation from AMD stating otherwise, I am still sure that it's not a dedicated card. Not to mention the name is ATI which was changed to AMD quite some time ago.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook ... -5800.aspx

I'm really not sure what could be causing the high pings. I know it's a bit of a pain, but can you try progressively older versions of the software and see if the ping issue stops? You can find old versions here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... rce=navbar

Smoshi

KrazyTrumpeter05 said:
Smoshi said:
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Unless you show me documentation from AMD stating otherwise, I am still sure that it's not a dedicated card. Not to mention the name is ATI which was changed to AMD quite some time ago.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook ... -5800.aspx

I'm really not sure what could be causing the high pings. I know it's a bit of a pain, but can you try progressively older versions of the software and see if the ping issue stops? You can find old versions here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproj ... rce=navbar

I really hate replying with irrelevant information but that is a mobility card. I used to have a laptop that had a mobility card. it's built in, which means you can't swap it out for a better card.

But he's not using ati mobility.

Smoshi

That's the 5830 lol
Ok I will drop it.

Doesn't matter either way.
Good luck with your problem. These guys will help you.