[TOOL] Twobbler - a nowplaying desktop tool through Last.fm

DeezjaVu

Re: [TOOL] Twobbler - a nowplaying desktop tool through Last

Twobbler has had a few updates.
Album cover can now be saved to disk for use in OBS/XSplit.
You can now customize the text output, such as spacing, divider character, etc.

I put together a video with some of these changes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGMvXbm0eg

cloudcarry

I have a problem when I'm playing league of legends with twobbler. It competes with my league of legends client (it captures itself when I close my league client). I can't recapture my league client (pregame) at that point without restarting obs. Please help! :)

This is a problem for me because I switch accounts sometimes or my client closes. I basically have to go without twobbler until I can figure out a way to make it work. I know there is a problem because I uninstalled twobbler and I don't have that problem anymore.

edit: I found another alternative, but I guess you should know that this was an issue for me. Maybe you can code it out somehow.

DeezjaVu

Not sure what you mean with "it captures itself". You don't capture Twobbler at all, you simply add a text source in OBS and point it to the text file that Twobbler writes to disk.

prophetmatteo

Could you perhaps add an option to switch the outputed data, I personally dislike the Song - Author format, too used to using Author - Song I guess.

Edit: Also, the option of having only 1 wrap around the text would be nifty <3

DeezjaVu

prophetmatteo said:
Could you perhaps add an option to switch the outputed data, I personally dislike the Song - Author format, too used to using Author - Song I guess.

Done. If you have Twobbler installed, you'll be asked to update the next time you open it.
There will be a new option in the options window allowing you to specify the order in which to display track title and artist name.

Also, the option of having only 1 wrap around the text would be nifty <3
I simply select "none" from the dropdown list to get rid of the wrapping entirely. I know, it's not quite the same thing :)
The issue with having only 1 character (no prefix, postfix only) is that the listed characters don't really suit that formatting ( "]" "}" ")" ), so simply discarding the prefix won't work.
I'll have to give it some more thought.

prophetmatteo

The idea was to have 1 postfix, "|" being the best one for me, for when the text is going from side to side with a background and foreground on top of it just looks better to me :)

Edit: Other options would be using "<" ">" or the french "«" "»", I consider the french ones better and one of each can be used without problem as a postfix.

livejamie

Is there a way to possibly speed this up? It takes pretty long to update on my end.

Actually nevermind, it seems like The Hype Machine just takes a long time to scrobble.

DeezjaVu

Hey Jamie,
Is there a way we can edit the output?
There currently isn't.

It takes pretty long to update on my end.
As you figured out, this isn't something on twobbler's end, but usually has to do with how /when a media player or music provider service sends the info to last.fm.

Chifilly

Is there any way you can have an option to choose where the nowplaying.txt file gets saved? Because I like to have uniformity, and I have all my streaming stuff in one folder.