Stream Status Monitor

Helixia

Hey Toad,
I still like your tool, but i have a weird problem.
Most of the time if i check show chat the chat doesn't show up it only appears on my taskbar.

HypnoToadTrance

Helixia said:
Hey Toad,
I still like your tool, but i have a weird problem.
Most of the time if i check show chat the chat doesn't show up it only appears on my taskbar.
Hello, I suspect there may be a problem in the positioning of the chat.

Every time you close live chat, it writes down the screen position it was at so that the next time you open it, it will be in the same position.

I believe that it may have incorrect screen coordinates written down, so it's creating the window somewhere off of your screen.

To fix this, go to C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\HypnoToadTrance\ (note that appdata may be a Hidden Folder)

Open the folder for the version you are currently using (latest is 1.0.0.8)

Open the user.config file with Notepad.

Find the field "Chat_Pos"

Untitled-1-5.png

Edit the first two values. Set them to 0,0 (this is the top-left corner of your screen)

Untitled-2-1.png

Save the file, then open Stream Status. Let me know if the live chat works now. :)

Helixia

Thnx Toad when i went to the location there were 2 folders of the tool.
To be sure i deleted both folders and just restarted your tool from where i always open it.
I think there was a conflict between the 2 folders or something that caused that problem.

HypnoToadTrance

Helixia said:
Thnx Toad when i went to the location there were 2 folders of the tool.
To be sure i deleted both folders and just restarted your tool from where i always open it.
I think there was a conflict between the 2 folders or something that caused that problem.

By deleting the folders, you simply reset the program back to its default settings.

You most likely had two folders because you upgraded from a previous version. When you upgrade, it creates a new folder and stores the old settings in the old version.

Still, glad it's working now.

HypnoToadTrance

XoeRli said:
The chat doesn't work :(
The chat is loading and loading and loading.... :(

Twitch chat has been having problems lately.It is probably a problem with the website, not the program.

As long as you have Flash for Internet Explorer installed on your system, the chat should work. Otherwise, be patient and wait for the Twitch chat servers to come online.

HypnoToadTrance

goodseed said:
this is only for IE? why not firefox?
you mistake the meaning.

The program uses Internet Explorer's dependencies. it does not require that you use Internet Explorer at all, you need only have Adobe Flash For Internet Explorer installed.

goodseed

Sorry for my misunderstanding, thank you for clarifying it for me. I will definitely use this program!

Edit: I got a question, when I click show chat, it opens up chat in internet explorer. Is there a way to change this to firefox?

HypnoToadTrance

goodseed said:
Sorry for my misunderstanding, thank you for clarifying it for me. I will definitely use this program!

Edit: I got a question, when I click show chat, it opens up chat in internet explorer. Is there a way to change this to firefox?
The built-in chat will use Internet Explorer as the back-end. This cannot be changed, unfortunately.

ZODarix

Hey I'm having a problem with the chat with stream status. When i load the chat open i get an error "Flash failed to load. Please refresh the page or contact support@twitch.tv". So i downloaded the flash for internet explorer. I went to IE and went to my twitch account and made sure the chat was working there and it is. I followed everything on the forum but i'm still getting this error. Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.