Question / Help Recurring Stream Authentication Failure

SaveTheSack

Hi!

I recently switched to Open Broadcaster from Xsplit to do some streaming of Elderscrolls III: Morrowind. I use a TV for my primary monitor and its resolution is 1360x768. I know 768p isn't the ideal resolution to stream with, but I'm not sure how to improve it without switching monitors. Anyway, I just went with it and I streamed for a couple hours with no stutter or lag issues.

Afterwards, I increased my Quality Balance to 10 from 8, and my Max Bitrate to 2000 from 1000; as soon as I started streaming again I got this report a few seconds after going live:

"Could not access the specified channel or stream key. This could be because the key/channel is invalid, or because the server still thinks you are logged in.

rtmp://live-dfw.justin.tv/app:
NetStream.Publish.Rejected (Authentication Failed.)"

I tried restarting the stream a few more times but I was left with the same result. Thinking this was due to the encoder changes, I promptly reverted to the original settings. Regardless, whenever I start the stream I get this message and the the stream shuts down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CPU: i7 950 @3.07 // GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 // RAM: 8GB // HD: 500GB + 2TB External

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Twitch has been having some issues tonight, causing this error for a lot of people. There's nothing we can do about it, and the best way to fix it is usually to wait until it clears up.

SaveTheSack

Ohh, I didn't realize it was an issue on Twitch's end.

Am I restricted to 768p with my current monitor setup? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You're not exactly restricted to it, but arbitrary scaling to something like 1280x720 is bound to hurt your visuals, and the load from broadcasting at 768p rather than 720p is not all that significant.