League of Legends is always a black screen

Discussion in 'Questions and Help' started by Gatorade4YoMama, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gatorade4YoMama New Member

I'm trying to stream Lol, but every time I try to set it up the whole screen is black. I've tried capturing game, window, desktop, and using global settings, but nothing is working. It's all black but at the same time, I can see my mouse cursor, and the custum skin for it that lol puts on it when you're in game.
  2. Warchamp7

Admin

Are you running the game fullscreen?
  3. Gatorade4YoMama New Member

4. Warchamp7

Admin

And Game Capture doesn't work? Could you post a log of when you tried to stream?
  5. Gatorade4YoMama New Member

=====Stream Start=====================================================================
    Multithreaded optimizations: On
    Base resolution: 1366x768
    Output resolution: 908x512
    ------------------------------------------
    Loading up D3D10...
    Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 128
    Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 20
    width: 908, height: 512
    quality: 8
    preset: slower
    i444: no
    max bitrate: 1000
    buffer size: 1000
    using shared texture capture
    Total frames rendered: 391, number of frames that lagged: 4 (1.02%) (it's okay for some frames to lag)
    Number of b-frames dropped: 0, Number of p-frames dropped: 0
    =====Stream End=======================================================================
  6. Jim

Jim Developer

You need to run league of legends in borderless window mode (fullscreen windows), or a regular windowed mode.

If you don't want to use a windowed mode, you have to use game capture or a capture card to capture fullscreen games.
  7. Warchamp7

Admin

Your log is also incomplete, you need to close OBS before opening it.
  8. MMjacksN New Member

That's weird, because I am 99% sure that I can stream League of Legends in fullscreen mode through Software Capture.

Going to doublecheck this when I get home, but I am pretty sure it is right because my game ran at ~120fps while streaming, and I never go that high in borderless mode.
  9. Warchamp7

Admin

It might work, but it would probably flicker a ton, if it works at all.
  10. Toxikr3 Member

I have streamed LoL and Dota fullscreen (not window) and they work fine.

I do get the occasional black screen but I restart OBS and if that doesn't solve it I restart both the game and OBS, starting OBS first then the game.

-Toxikr3
  11. Uli New Member

Actually this is the confusing thing for me, I see people get this issue all the time however when I do fullscreen league of legends with OBS (Using Software Capture) or Xsplit (Using Screen Region) I never once got the flickering.
  12. Phizzix New Member

In order for you to stream League of Legends, you need to go to your video options and set it to borderless.
    Then, in OBS, use software capture.
    That way should work.