Question / Help Best settings to stream league of legends?

I am using a Intel g620 , 4gigs of ram and a HD 5450.
I am using these settings atm :
Code:
Open Broadcaster Software v0.472b - 32bit (´・ω・`)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz
CPU Speed: 2594MHz
Physical Memory:  2047MB Total, 1481MB Free
stepping id: 7, model 10, family 6, type 0, extmodel 1, extfamily 0, HTT 1, logical cores 2, total cores 2
monitor 1: pos={0, 0}, size={1280, 1024}
Windows Version: 6.1 Build 7600 
Aero is Disabled
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
  Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5450
  Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 1067286528
  Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 1336918016
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
  Multithreaded optimizations: On
  Base resolution: 1280x720
  Output resolution: 1280x720
Loading up D3D10...
Playback device Default
Using desktop audio input: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)
Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (VIA High Definition Audio)
Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 256
Using bitmap image
Using Monitor Capture
x264: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2
x264: profile Constrained Baseline, level 3.1
Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 24
    width: 1280, height: 720
    preset: ultrafast
    CBR: no
    CFR: no
    max bitrate: 2500
    buffer size: 2500
    quality: 6
Total frames rendered: 51, number of frames that lagged: 0 (0.00%) (it's okay for some frames to lag)
Number of b-frames dropped: 0 (0%), Number of p-frames dropped: 0 (0%), Total 0 (0%)
x264: frame I:1     Avg QP:23.00  size: 70203
x264: frame P:28    Avg QP:17.32  size:  1610
x264: mb I  I16..4: 100.0%  0.0%  0.0%
x264: mb P  I16..4:  0.6%  0.0%  0.0%  P16..4:  4.6%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:94.7%
x264: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 24.0% 14.5% 11.0% inter: 1.5% 2.3% 0.8%
x264: i16 v,h,dc,p: 62% 36%  1%  1%
x264: i8c dc,h,v,p: 59% 27% 13%  0%
x264: kb/s:954.64
=====Stream End=======================================================================

Profiler results:

==============================================================
frame - [100%] [avg time: 10.043 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 89%] [unaccounted: 11%]
| scene->Preprocess - [45.4%] [avg time: 4.564 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1]
| video encoding and uploading - [43.5%] [avg time: 4.372 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 7.93%] [unaccounted: 35.6%]
| | CopyResource - [0.0498%] [avg time: 0.005 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | conversion to 4:2:0 - [0.00996%] [avg time: 0.001 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | call to encoder - [7.84%] [avg time: 0.787 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | sending stuff out - [0.0299%] [avg time: 0.003 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
==============================================================

Any suggestions ? (My fps is good with these settings , and stream's not choppy or smth.)
My internet is http://www.speedtest.net/result/2563736675.png

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'd personally recommend 30 fps. The bitrate/buffersize (which should almost always be the same, don't worry about what buffer size does, just set it to the same as bitrate) depends on what you can handle, I'd probably keep tweaking the values until you get a good quality at a stable rate that you can handle.

For league of legends, the stream can seem to often cause lag for league, so use "Minimize Network Impact" if you have any issues with ping in league while streaming.

There are no issues with ping.
What bitrates do you recommand for my internet ? (That's stable upload.)
Do you think my processor can handle 30 fps ? (without dropping so much frames)

austinmrs

Jim said:
I'd personally recommend 30 fps. The bitrate/buffersize (which should almost always be the same, don't worry about what buffer size does, just set it to the same as bitrate) depends on what you can handle, I'd probably keep tweaking the values until you get a good quality at a stable rate that you can handle.

For league of legends, the stream can seem to often cause lag for league, so use "Minimize Network Impact" if you have any issues with ping in league while streaming.

i got only 0.80 mbs of upload.

im using 510 bit rate and 408 buffer size. should i set the buffer size same as bitrate?

alincupunct said:
There are no issues with ping.
What bitrates do you recommand for my internet ? (That's stable upload.)
Do you think my processor can handle 30 fps ? (without dropping so much frames)

hilalpro

set the quality to 10.
set the fps to 25
set the bitrate to 4000 same for the bufsize in this case
set the aac audio to 96
set the preset to veryfast.
set up a new scene and do game capture of the game when it starts. only switch to the monitor capture scene when you're not showing the game.

TheD5

Doesn't matter. Monitor capture is the worst of the three possible methods. Either use Game Capture or Window Capture. It will increase your performance

It's just that , when i use game capture and i play in full screen , when i minimize for the chat game is frozen at the moment when i alt+tabbed.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If you are using game capture and capture a fullscreen-mode game (that is to say, not running in borderless windowed or regular windowed mode), it will freeze the image when you alt-tab, because the game does not update its image when you are alt-tabbed out.

sk3ezer

I play League of Legends border-less and the LoL does not come up on the list for game capture. While game capture is optimal, I use the monitor capture to play the game. The game still runs perfectly and smoothly on the stream and on my monitor, so I suggest if you going to want to be alt-tabbing out set it to windowed/border-less and monitor capture if you don't have the option to use game capture.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
sk3ezer said:
I play League of Legends border-less and the LoL does not come up on the list for game capture.

LoL is technically two different applications. It will only show up in game capture when the actual game is running, not the lobby.